Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where can I get a 3 core Radiator?

I'm assuming its because mine is an Auto with a built in trans oil cooler? I'm going to shop around first though before committing myself to the next purchase.

Paul_Humphreys said:
Has anyone tried http://www.allisport.com for one?

Paul
I know one guy who had an Alisport radiator and intercooler installed in his 80. The vehicle was on display, on the Alisport stand at the Peterbourgh LRO show last year.

I can't remember his name at the mo, but he is a South African guy. Unfortunately I don't think he's on here yet.

Scott.

silvercruiser said:
Have you asked Mr Rubie :?:

Joe
If Ian can't source one for you, give Parts King on here a go. He can supply genuine Toyota parts for cheaper than your normal main stealer. I've used him for heavy parts that weren't suitable from Ian and can vouch for the service.

Good luck,

Scott.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I will give Ian a shout but the problem is I need it kinda sharpish.

I have dealt with parts king before on HPOC so know he is pretty good.

The price I quoted is with my 10% discount

Will be contacting alisport on monday.

Rads are very expensive from my source due to air freight charges. For genuine I would try Parts King.

Ian

Has anyone done a write up with photos for changing over the radiator. This site or elsewhere?

Pretty darn easy on an 80. Something like, remove old radiator, replace with new one, do up bolts. Fill with coolant, drive.

Honestly, not being an @rse, but it really doesn't get much easier then swapping a rad on an 80. In fact Mr Rubie had one in and out in the field at the Last Lincomb

Shame about not getting the right rad from Autokool. I did post mine on here and it was top notch. Didn't ring anyone, I just ordered it off the web. Came quickly, fitted perfectly, all steel, coated, three core.

What more can I say.

Chris

Any suggestions of other low-tech stuff that can be done whilst the rad is out?

Thermostat and gasket (O ring). Coolant, obviously, system flush, bottom hose. Hose clips. Radiator cap. Clean out the expansion tank.

Chris

No worries. We can certainly talk you through it if you like, but if you've ever wielded a spanner in anger, you understand when we say 'no mysteries' on this one.

You'll need to take the small guard plate off, underneath where the steering damper is. Maybe replace that at the same time?

Chris

Hmm. Makes it sound a good deal more complicated than it actually is. Why anyone would think that they needed to remove the brackets from the rad is beyond me.
The little bolts that he mentions are a Toyota design anathema, it's true. But easily replaced with a normal bolt.

Chris

Ian Rubie said:
Rads are very expensive from my source due to air freight charges. For genuine I would try Parts King.

Ian
Thanks Ian I will do try him now.

I just got a quote from Allisport and he has one but my budget wont stretch to the £642 for the unit....so the missus tells me :roll:

I spoke to the sales team at autokool today and it seems like they buy from several different suppliers. Their returns procedure is a farce though as I have had to email them photos of the damaged radiator and they will send me a form to fill in before they will even consider looking at my case. What case? Its damaged goods!

Back