Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where can I get a 3 core Radiator?

Gav Peter said:
Do you think just fitting a couple of vents in the bonnet would have an affect on cooling Jon?
It would have some effect, how much would depend on how big the vents are and what shape but I'm not sure the ROI is all that good. At slower speeds which is when you tend to need to have some extra cooling the most the Kenlowe fan shifts a huge volume of air.

Thanks Jon, I will give them a ring :thumbup:

I already have the X-Fan connector/switch for the bottom hose so will probably wire the fan (along with the two up front) into this :thumbup:

I've just been reading this, I don't suppose you have the part number for the 13" fans you had on the front of yours do you Jon?

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Gav Peter":h18i9we6]Do you think just fitting a couple of vents in the bonnet would have an affect on cooling Jon?
It would have some effect, how much would depend on how big the vents are and what shape but I'm not sure the ROI is all that good. At slower speeds which is when you tend to need to have some extra cooling the most the Kenlowe fan shifts a huge volume of air.[/quote:h18i9we6]Aye, thats vay true - Kenlowe here we come!!! Actually, do you have info on the autobox oil cooling system that you had on the 80 - I think thats something I want to do too...

Bat21 said:
I've just been reading this, I don't suppose you have the part number for the 13" fans you had on the front of yours do you Jon?
No I don't but they were suckers not blowers anyway. I replaced the OEM fan because I was trying to make space for a hydraulic pump install and I wouldn't recommend that. The plan for my 100 is the bonnet scoop which is already on plus the 10" fan under and another 10" fan (from my 80 install ) in front of the gearbox oil cooler and that should be plenty of extra cooling IMO.

Gav Peter said:
Aye, thats vay true - Kenlowe here we come!!! Actually, do you have info on the autobox oil cooling system that you had on the 80 - I think thats something I want to do too...
I had 2 Kenlowe gearbox coolers in series. If I were doing it again I'd investigate the OEM coolers as my 100 came with a good sized OEM one but it would depend if they are silly money.

Jon Wildsmith said:
[quote="Gav Peter":2flqom8j]Do you think just fitting a couple of vents in the bonnet would have an affect on cooling Jon?
It would have some effect, how much would depend on how big the vents are and what shape but I'm not sure the ROI is all that good. At slower speeds which is when you tend to need to have some extra cooling the most the Kenlowe fan shifts a huge volume of air.[/quote:2flqom8j]
I used to have a scoop on the bonnet of my 80 with the vent pointing towards the windscreen, thinking the flow of air would be better, I didn't notice any difference in under bonnet temps, so I reversed the scoop hoping air blown in by movement would make a difference, it didn't, but maybe a fan underneath would be better?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
I used to have a scoop on the bonnet of my 80 with the vent pointing towards the windscreen, thinking the flow of air would be better, I didn't notice any difference in under bonnet temps, so I reversed the scoop hoping air blown in by movement would make a difference, it didn't, but maybe a fan underneath would be better?
You should put some telltales on the vent so you can see what's happening. On mine, at normal road speeds air is drawn in through the vent which will make extra turbulance / air movement in the hotest area of the engine bay (a good thing IMO) and at normal off road speeds or stopped there is a small flow of hot air out of the vent but not a lot so you need the fan which blows a large volume of air out the vent.

Since that concrete wall made a mess of my bonnet (and other parts :shock: ) I've had another bonnet fitted, I've still got the scoop, somewhere :confusion-confused: and a spare fan, when the weather warms up a bit I'll cut another hole and fit the fan too :thumbup:

Oh well it seems they have changed their supplier. Apart from a poorly packed radiator that got damaged in transit (one end has been squashed) It turns out to be almost identical to the milners radiator I already have fitted. Its a single core set up with plastic top and bottom.

They will be getting it back tomorrow.

So back on the hunt for a 3 core rad. :doh:

Hmmm that's a bugger! The one Matt Wright bought from them certainly had metal tanks and 3 core... Did you ask them whether they'd changed or did you order and hope?

Cheers,

I asked them if they had changed suppliers or radiators and they said no they have always used the same supplier. To be honest the sales guy hadn't a clue as he didn't know how to identify if the rad was 3 core or not. I took a chance on how many cores it had as I was comparing the product to ones received by other members as I was assured they were made by the same company.

Any photos of the one Matt Wright bought anywhere on here?

How much are genuine Toyota ones?

Ecoman said:
Any photos of the one Matt Wright bought anywhere on here?
Don't think so. Maybe have a look through Chris' posts as he fitted the same one.

Ouch! Looks like I may have to stump up that much for one as I can't find a 3 core rad anywhere

Yours might be more expensive as it's an Auto.

Although OEM is more expensive, I didn't think it was worth comprimising though, the previous owner of my 80 had just fitted a new (pattern) radiator & it hasn't lasted 3 years.

Also, you know it's definitely going to fit, work & if it goes wrong you've got a years warranty.

for info, my local dealer quoted me about £68:00 (with 40% discount) for them to fit it, I just don't trust tem to flush it properly so I'm doing it myself.

Andy said:
Heres a pic of the rad I got from Auto Kool a ouple of months ago, its definately got no plastic & 3 cores, job to see the cores on the pics though.

It does have a label on the top stating A10823307, dont know if this is thier ref no???

Seems really well made

http://picasaweb.google.com/AndyWhite28 ... 8019073106

http://picasaweb.google.com/AndyWhite28 ... 8019073106

No the one they sent me looks nothing like that. I'm really dissapointed as the one you have is the one I was expecting. Especially since they said they hadn't changed suppliers.

I will give them a ring on monday and see if I can sort it out with them.

I haven't yet but will give them a call on Monday.

Just priced one up from Toyota. £370+VAT :o

Back