Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which fridge freezer?

Would you lot recommend the Engel that animal mother posted a link too? It's the size I'm after with a lid in the form I need to fit. It has over 400 quid knocked off atm! I can't imagine that offer comes up often

Just as a data point - we've had the mobicool fridge, got it at a good price and while its spec'd up to a fridge/freezer, we've mostly run it as a fridge and it works out quite nicely. On a single 110AH battery, top'd up at home, we spent 14 days on the road, with a few 2 day stops where the truck didnt move at all. And we never had a problem with power. Avg driving on days we were driving was about 2 hrs to 3 hrs. and weather was mostly mild with temp between 22 and 35 deg C.

It also runs 24/7 here at home, as my beer fridge in the 'office', when we are not on the move. and is often pulled out back into the garden during the summers ( since it can also do 230v ) for bbq's and when just generally spending a day out back.

I've also got the Mobicool, run it for the 2 month trip I did in the spring and its been perfect. Got mine cheap on amazons Prime Day

Just had a look at there web site, looks like they have changed the design. Unless I'm missing something, they don't look as piratical as the one I have.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
@Josh Tagg I've got the smaller 35l Engle and one of my mates has the larger 60. One thing common to both of them is they are loud when running. On a quiet night mine is loud enough to wake the missus all the way up in the RTT! Now, that might just be because they are both second hand and well used (mine is at least 4 years old) but compared to say the Nat Luna or Waeco units I've seen running on other members rigs the Engle is a noisy beast.

Possibly worth a question to the forum, how loud is your fridge?

I have the Engle MT40 which is fantastic. I added two catches so I can take the lid right off as I have limited space, as standard it has interchangeable hinges and catches so you can have it open either way round. It's super quiet, and runs less than a 1/4 of the time when it's on so draws very little power.

Even better value Snomaster 60ol fridge/freezer here. I don't think there's a much better option out there for size, spec, price, etc.

http://www.lvboverland.co.uk/shop/4593848362/snomaster-bd-c-60d/11169278

Does anyone want to look at a group buy and see if we can get even more off?

In fact, I've just emailed a couple of companies in the UK about group discount for the BD/C-60D. I'll update with any info.

Last edited:
I was talking with Stan about the fridges and he told me the margins what he's having to work with. There really isn't much in it. He will do the best he can though.
Personally for me I think it's nice to send sales around the guys on the forum etc who give something back. If it means I pay £20 more for an item id rather do that than pass my hard Erned to someone I don't know.

I agree Karl. That's why I bought some boxes and a wheel bag off Stan yesterday. Rather give business to a forum member

Back