Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which insurance company?

Which insurance company do you use?

• Total voters
I need to look for a cheaper Insurance quote. Swinton want £895.60!!

Insurance is due 4th Feb!

Just renewed insurance on my 80. Previously with Chris Knott but this year Co-op were £75 cheaper for equivalent cover. Worth a try if you are shopping for quotes.

Having just gone through the "fun" of renewing insurance I had to do a skim of the posts to find suitable companies to call. I thought having a sticky poll of the companies you have taken out insurance with and which came in cheapest would be a handy constant view of the options.

Not scientific but a guide..

Let me know others and I will fill them in.
Voted for NFU. £232 fully comp with good no claims record.

Dont Laugh ok.....

Took insurance this year with Saga!!

Max no claims and 20,000 miles plus commuting £228 for my 60

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Having suffered a claim on insurance in the last year, plus picking up 3 point for a speeding offence my NCB was knocked down from max (9yrs+) to 3 which put almost £200 on my renewal. Sheila's Wheels came in at £50 cheaper than anyone else at £344 FC.

Just been quoted £288 for a 11K LC4 by NFU.Had my other cars,wife's car,house,contents and industrial unit all with NFU.Had 3 claims on Ind unit and 1 house claim in 6 yrs,never one have they questioned quotes and paid up on the nail,brilliant service.

Having just gone through the "fun" of renewing insurance I had to do a skim of the posts to find suitable companies to call. I thought having a sticky poll of the companies you have taken out insurance with and which came in cheapest would be a handy constant view of the options.

Not scientific but a guide..

Let me know others and I will fill them in.

I got Supercar Insurance for my new car from Arkwright Insurance Company and It was cheap, you can review them or can ask details from their contact :) http://www.arkwrightinsurance.co.uk/

Adrian Flux just put my premium up by £80.... so will be looking around again. Anyone else with a modified import using anyone else?

Same as last year.. AF increases the policy by £80 again, and on my second car too. Chris Knott very unhelpful, the agent even surly when I enquired... A-Plan just offered equivalent cover as AF for £130 less with lower excess

If your of an age then Saga do give a very good price for a LC 80 fully comprehensive with 8,000 miles year.

Another vote for NFU.... all mods disclosed and accepted no problem...totally brilliant on the phone and very competitive on price given I'm a pesky foreign type :):)

Another vote for NFU.... all mods disclosed and accepted no problem...totally brilliant on the phone and very competitive on price given I'm a pesky foreign type :):)
I cant find anyone cheaper than AXA £250ish for the Colorado (when I had it) and not much more for the 120 all fully comp 10,000 miles etc etc... We have 3 cars and the house Ins with AXA, I think its a good Haggling tool when it comes to Renewal date... If they start getting greedy... End the conversation with, 'Well il take me business elsewhere Madam'!..... To be fair AXA.. cant fault em... But a lot is to do with Post Code! .. That I have noticed.

AF are buggers but I always end up with a good deal but you do have to commit 1/2 hour of your day negotiating with them. Last 2 quotes ( recently) were £230 for the V6 Collie and an amazing £193 for the 100. I didn't renew on the Collie as I'm on the verge of selling it and have put the 100 on hold as its in deep storage. I've got my statements of NCB ready to use again with them.
For me NFU insured our truck fleet this year for the first time (£25k premium) but couldn't come close on the Cruisers for some reason. When I asked them to quote for a £10k L322 RR it was in four figures.

AF are buggers but I always end up with a good deal but you do have to commit 1/2 hour of your day negotiating with them. Last 2 quotes ( recently) were £230 for the V6 Collie and an amazing £193 for the 100. I didn't renew on the Collie as I'm on the verge of selling it and have put the 100 on hold as its in deep storage. I've got my statements of NCB ready to use again with them.
For me NFU insured our truck fleet this year for the first time (£25k premium) but couldn't come close on the Cruisers for some reason. When I asked them to quote for a £10k L322 RR it was in four figures.

Well, I had a complication of not having been insured in uk until we came back from Ireland 30 months ago.. so I only have 2 years recognised for no claims (immensely frustrating given not had accident or claim in over 30 years... touch wood!!! :fearful:) and just yesterday Endsleigh (my current insurers) advised that despite insuring me the last 2 years suddenly now their underwriters can't insure the vehicle because it is not original Toyota spec so cover is being withdrawn!' They are utterly clueless, had no idea what a winch-bumper is but apparently didn't like it because not original spec, despite my pointing out it was installed after having my bumper damaged on 3 separate occasions by elderly drivers rolling backwards into me at traffic lights!!

Anyway, after 1st port of call here... then called around a few of the fave's listed here (a couple of whom didn't like the mods either) and NFU turned out the one I felt most comfortable with and admit I do like that they are an actual mutual society...

So... for £10k market value and 12k annual mileage on 2002 LC100, fully comp plus another named driver and just 2 years no claims quoted £607... not inexpensive but all in all thought was reasonable for my particular circumstances... and will come down each year as NCB rebuilds!

I remember getting a quote from NFU for my 7.5 ton merc Atego low loader/recovery truck.. It came back at about £12oo quid which was OKish for what I wanted. But when I told them it was fitted with a 10ton remote winch, They said they wouldn't insure it. If I took the winch off all was ok.. I cant remember their reason now, but I said it was a recovery vehicle and was used for that purpose and a winch was part of the package.. If I unbolted it and stowed it away after use, That was ok.. Something to do with it being permanently fixed to the truck.. Cant remember! but thought that's weird.. No complaints about NFU.. when I was farming they always came up Good.. Not the cheapest. but very professional ...

At one time we were with NFU for everything, but the renewals got progressively more expensive till it reached ridiculous, yes NFU are good, probably the best insurer out there and i would like to insure with them, but unless you claim regularly they are not 3 times as good as the better known alternatives.

This year swapped over to Direct Line, £268.80 for fully comp protected policy on the 120 incl business use.

At one time we were with NFU for everything, but the renewals got progressively more expensive till it reached ridiculous, yes NFU are good, probably the best insurer out there and i would like to insure with them, but unless you claim regularly they are not 3 times as good as the better known alternatives.

This year swapped over to Direct Line, £268.80 for fully comp protected policy on the 120 incl business use.
When i got my recent 80 I just wanted a simple quick policy to drive it home... Phoned Saga, £230 all in, Fully Comp, etc etc.. Cheaper than the 120 lc5 and cheaper to Tax and better fuel economy and a better grin factor all round...... 'I must sell that 120'..

Back