Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Well I've done the back bit but the wheely bin is full so the other bit next week... Maybe
image.jpeg

Oh joy the handbrake pads went in without to much bother though its a bloody fiddly job , Shame i forgot to hook the cable up before i had finished :doh:

New Toyota coolant in today! - $25 for a gallon of the good concentrate stuff, cheaper than what I recall I last paid for one in the UK. New bottom and top rad hoses whilst I was at it as well, genuine ones under 20 pounds, couldn't go wrong!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I started out just intending to fix the handbrake but when i pulled the disc i noticed my new toyota pads were worn on the outer edges and while the discs weren't worn much at all rust has been creeping onto the pad run and perhaps costing me 10% braking . The handbrake drum was surprisingly worn . So off with the front and say middle age discs weren't bad but the same outer edge pad wear .

Sod it slotted and drilled on all 4 corners , they are black too :cool::lol:

Last edited:
Funnily enough (or not) mine went in for new discs and pads all round (Yota) braided hoses, new inner & outer CV boots, (Roughtrax) Down pipe (Roughtrax) Yesterday - hope to have it back (have to have ) by Thursday evening. My geezer what does is full of Disco's all breaking down and he is off on his hols at the weekend!
New upper and Lower Ball joints on th ecards for next moth - Simons prices are not cheap, but if they will last another 16 years or so I will be happy :)

Finally fixed the missing exhaust section:
13873005_10154263890330856_7004241150346560195_n.jpg
As can be seen, the old one had rusted out, and was a bit tired...

New one is 2.5"; unfortunately the bends weren't feasible to be done in mandrel bends, but the whole lot is going to flow a freer anyway... 3hrs later and it was ready for final fitting up thanks to a mate who is a boily:
13872943_10154263890335856_5330066881668198544_n.jpg

Nearly joined the grinder casualty club on here just a moment ago doing something i felt was about as dangerous as wiping your backside hence the reminder for others .

Cleaning edges with a flappy wheel getting ready for weld and this went through the wheel and fired out hitting the wall with enough force to bend it :icon-eek: I wouldn't be typing this had it gone in a different direction .

deadly grinder 001.JPG

Yep that would of hurt big time,it's the blade in the back ground what shortened my finger all the way down with ease :grimacing:

Fitted a new track rod end to the steering relay rod along with a new steering damper. All started with an attempt to adjust the steering which has pulled very slightly to the left when 'centralised' for years now but the the ball joints were a BITCH to separate, even broke the new ball joint splitter. The threads in each end of the relay rod were also unmovable. In the end got the whole rod off with some judicious use of heat and freed off the threaded ends in the vice, again with some heat and lubed them up. Steerings almost bang on now, just a slight tweak required tommorrow and all will be good. Funny how what should be a simple operation can turn into a bit of a nightmare with unplanned expense!!

Last edited:
No maintenance today because i'm off on a plane to get a sun tan and i'm as red as a lobster even though i don't normally burn from welding with no shirt on yesterday :doh:

Fitted some Cree led spotlights this evening, I got them from Roy of 4x4 obsession on here at an extremely favourable price, they seem well constructed and compared to my old 9" halogens they are a revelation....... Wo betide anybody who doesn't dip their headlamps now!!!!!

Andy

Back