Who is doing what maintenance today?

warrenpfo Nov 20, 2010

1. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    I thought you had your charging fault sorted Chas?

Maybe it’s just a plug thing, you know you can drive all day on charged batteries, that’s how you got home from my place... :lol::lol:

Ben Stratford and Josh Tagg like this.
  2. stumog

stumog Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    M8ne did that and was still charging. Was the plug on the back of the altinator very slightly not home

3. Josh Tagg

Josh Tagg Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    Plug should come off easy enough anyway I sprayed plenty of wd on it at the side of the road haha

clivehorridge likes this.
  4. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    Yep, new voltage regulator in the alternator solved the charging problem Clive, I reckon that recent bump might have loosened the plug on the back, I'll have to crawl underneath and check.

5. BobMurphy

BobMurphy Well-Known Member I am in scotland

Map
    Your hard take-off and landing may have shaken a fuse or two loose somewhere - I would go round them all as a starting point.

Bob.

Chas likes this.
  6. Dervis Garip

Dervis Garip Well-Known Member Supporter I am in cyprus

Garage:
    Map
    Today guys a long awaited engine oil service using fully synthetic oil. Moved on to a much needed gearbox service too having had to take the pan off and clean the filter. Hard job personally having done it myself for the first time.
    While I was under the vehicle notice for sometime some oil leaking from the gearbox / prop-shaft oil sump. Took it upon myself to change the O ring too another small job done :thumbup:

IMG_7480.jpeg IMG_7481.jpeg

7. Chas

Garage:
    Map
    The cause of the Christmas tree light display has been discovered by clever Trevor, the alternator plug has three wires coming from it one of which has broken, Trev says it's the sensor wire, alternator is still putting out 14. something volts so batteries are being charged OK. The bad news is that the plug is damaged so I'm hopefully getting one from Karl.

clivehorridge, Higgy and fbnss like this.
  8. Chas

Garage:
    Map
    Actually just bought a new alternator plug on eBay item https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Denso-Mi...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

chapel gate likes this.
  9. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Yes Dervis they do tend to leak; it's quite common. I have changed the O ring before and not managed to get it to seal. Go figure. My current one is sealed with RTV. It's worked so that's sorted but I had to change the oil seal on the output shaft and figured it would be easier to do this on the bench whilst it was off the car. The locking tab isn't very snug and I guess that the unit tends to get shaken a fair bit leading to it leaking.

10. fbnss

fbnss Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map
    So, on my week off, for minimal expenditure and in preparation for some of Mr starcruisers finest gullwings, I had a cabinet reshuffle. Not finished and definitely not happy with where the electrics are but it's gone from this
    20181008_163548.jpg 20180521_184359.jpg 20181009_172348.jpg
    to this
    20181118_150943.jpg 20181118_151014.jpg

20181118_151127.jpg
    The water tank and pump arnt hooked up yet, don't want to do that till i've moved the electrics somewhere else.

kingtom, AndyCook, Gary820 and 5 others like this.
  11. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Nick that looks a million bucks. Fantastic. Great looking layout. Just needs a destination now. Mine is going to turn a wheel this evening for the first time since Russia.

clivehorridge and fbnss like this.
  12. fbnss

Map
    Agreed Chris, however i'm still skint from the last jolly jaunt so whatever I do next year won't be making me skint again, I think the last time mr credit card was at zero was January, still, just got a payrise... of sorts :)

grantw and clivehorridge like this.
  13. Chas

Garage:
    Map
    Excellent job Nick, looks very neat.

clivehorridge and fbnss like this.
  14. fbnss

Map
    Well.... it looks like I made it up close! Finally got the air tank installed. Wouldn't quite fit the other side with the battery.

15. Gary820

Gary820 Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Garage:
    Map
    Had a nice shiny bit turn up from Mr T today :icon-biggrin: job for the weekend.

20181120_155302.jpg

clivehorridge and silvercruiser like this.
  16. Gary820

Gary820 Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Garage:
    Map
    Now have a correctly functioning cooling fan, tried adding oil etc to the old one but it was never right. New viscous unit fitted today and it's a good un.

Chucked some new spark plugs in and an oil/filter change. Greased the props and gave it a once over, mot due soon. Checked the ignition timing and adjusted the belts.

Just waiting for the new air filter to arrive from pipercross. :icon-biggrin: :auto-layrubber:

Various painted parts have taken a beating from gravel/rocks so will need a clean up and re paint.

Winter gear in the boot, grab bag sorted out and put in the back.

clivehorridge and karl webster like this.
  17. Josh Tagg

Josh Tagg Well-Known Member I am in uk

Map
    Bit more than maintenance I suppose you could say, on the home straight of rebuilding dad's land rover, none of us are painters but it ain't too bad-better than it was anyway!

20181124_181642.jpg 20181124_181656.jpg

clivehorridge, Chas and Gary820 like this.
  18. tonytoyota

tonytoyota Well-Known Member I am in great_britain

Map
    Not a land rover that is not good :thumbdown::angry-screaming:

goodoldboy likes this.
  19. AndycruiserguyLomas

AndycruiserguyLomas Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    Not really maintenance but had a day in the workshop today re fitting the front wings which I had re furbished where they rust behind the arches ( on my 80 Amazon). Fully rustproof now all fitted up and ready to go.

20. BobMurphy

BobMurphy Well-Known Member I am in scotland

Map
    Which reminds me, I have a new pair of front wings to fit to the '100'. I've been trying to get a decent paint finish on them, without much success. Another box of rattle cans arrived from 'Pro Aerosols' so on with the learning curve :eusa-whistle:.

Bob.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter