Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

change the diff oils
I am planning this task for saturday. Now I got the itch of getting under the car and using some tools, also little more confident that I wont damage anything, i will be under it when ever I get time :)
Those ramps look the same
I cracked one of my ramps. This time I kept in low and reversed on to the ramp and while reversing and breaking suddenly, tyre went over slightly over and cracked one of them. I will replace a pair. These ramps are so good and easy to use.

I think Raj has jack/axle stands, it's a ramp that's cracked, and needs to replace the pair.

're sgs engineering, I ordered a trolley jack from them recently to replace my old one.
3 day delivery, after 5, I contacted them and they said they would look into it and get back.
They never got back, and it arrived next day after overnighting it by the date on the delivery label.
So they never sent it in the 1st place !

I am planning this task for saturday. Now I got the itch of getting under the car and using some tools, also little more confident that I wont damage anything, i will be under it when ever I get time :)

I cracked one of my ramps.

Wow, I'm shocked that you cracked one just by driving up it !!! Was it on level ground? Where did it crack?!

This time I kept in low and reversed on to the ramp and while reversing and breaking suddenly, tyre went over slightly over and cracked one of them. I will replace a pair. These ramps are so good and easy to use.

I think your ramps looked a bit different to the ones I've got in the photo.

Just out of interest, why do you reverse up them?

The ramps are handy, so much quicker than jacking the truck up and axle stands, especially if you want to lift both ends.

Well it was maintenance i didnt mean to do... Thought id have a look at my weeping Steering Knuckle seal, and in the mean time Pack the housing with fresh grease until i get the Kit ordered.... turns out its not the seal, I noticed oil around the lower Knuckle/ Rim /Tyre etc but not on the seal it's self... Turns out to be a lower knuckle housing stud had sheared and oil was leaking from there.. Tightened the remaining 3 back up and managed to get just a couple of turns on the Broken one.. Rough Trax are out of stock so it will have to do for now... Then Noticed front Pads were Shot, So replaced them... And a fucking great Nail in the front Tyre, Why didnt i just do what i wanted to do which was cut the grass..... I have to go Poking about, Now look where i am :wtf: ....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Put some of this in it and forget about the nail

1653647118952.png

Sorted Shayne Thanks, iv got a plugging Kit.... So Plug and Go... Best thing i ever bought...

The other morning I went out to start the car and noticed that the rear tyre was flat, it turned out that I picked up a nail which was halve bent and gone in just far enough to cause a puncture.
Took bloody ages to plug the hole, I just couldn't get the plug to go into the hole. I think it might have been because it was cold and the rubber plug was to hard to squeeze into the little hole.

It would have been quicker to fit the spare wheel and plug the tyre while it was off.

And for a bonus, after I plugged the hole and was very pleased with myself that its been holding, my daughter pointed out that there is a screw just a few inches from where I plugged the tyre.
I seem to be a magnet to screws and nails...

I always Ream/ Drill the hole out first.... And use Glue free Sticks ( I just think they are better) When i was down the Marina i would get a nail/ screw in my Tyre once a week.... Use to drive me Mad... :character-oldtimer:

reverse up them?
it was a bad idea. its level ground, I used these ramps few times without problem so far. Car was parked close to steps in front of the door. I could ve reversed normally and arranged ramps at suitable distance from the steps but I thought i ll use low range in reverse and see how it feels. I went too much and about to drop off the ramp, then hold the break and drove little forward. Thats when it cracked.

Can someone send me a link to these plugging kits please. I thought you had to remove the tyre and plug from the inside? Thanks.

Just Google tyre repair kit or something like that, use them regularly, excellent bits of kit

I've got one very similar to this which uses the mushroom shaped plugs. I carry it when out on the bike along with a small CO2 inflator. Very easy to use and 100% effective. Didn't help me 2 weeks ago though when I got a flat on the Triumph with tubed tyres!:wtf:

Tubeless repair kit

Are they, as they state, a temporary repair, or can you sort of forget about them?
Thanks.

I've got the arb tyre repair kit. Used it a few time already for plugging leaky nails or screws

Checked the 120 over on the ramp, checked all levels and greased the props. Have decided to extend the oil changes to 7.5K from 5.

Finally today changed coolant and fuel filter. As said on youtube videos or owners manual, it didnt take all 15 ltrs. I added only about 9 ltrs approx, till top of reservoir and went for a 15 mile drive and then checked. It went down a little bit but still at full. Since I had to remove intercooler cover, the plastic cover over radiator, all plates and covers from below, washed them all as well.
It took 5 hours for me to do this job and by the time I completed all the tasks, it was 10.00 PM so left the car without fitting all the covers and under body plates.

Can we overfill coolant?
Changed fuel filter to learn how to do it. Not sure when it was changed previously but do we change fuel filter every 5000 miles?
For the engine bay plastics, is there any coating that we can apply to add gloss? I have autoglym bumper and trim gel and G-teqniq dash coat but not sure if they are ok for the engine bay

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 11.34.34 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 11.34.34 PM (1).jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 13
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 11.34.34 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-11 at 11.34.34 PM.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 14
Back