Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Went to the post office and handed over some hard-earned for a bit of paper with next years date on lol.
It's the first time I've taxed one of my trucks for a year, usually only did 6 months due to the amount of repairs!! The 80 won't be getting as much of a hard life so hopefully less down time.

I did mine online last week. Today was the first time I have used it this month so poped the disc in me pocket to put in the truck when I went out to it but nipped to the loo first......... bye bye tax disc down the pan and flushed away. Cost 7 quid plus 3 in bus fare to get a duplicate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I did mine online last week. Today was the first time I have used it this month so poped the disc in me pocket to put in the truck when I went out to it but nipped to the loo first......... bye bye tax disc down the pan and flushed away. Cost 7 quid plus 3 in bus fare to get a duplicate.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

DOH! as in a Homer J Simpson way

Steve

That's not good!!! Still could've been your wallet or phone!

Tried and failed to adjust the MOT brake (you 80 owners know what I mean) the lazy way. Looks like the discs will have to come off tomorrow.

Had to get truck into the garage for a new front O/S wheel bearing and got them to change 2 UJ's at the same time, almost Lincomb ready now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Tried and failed to adjust the MOT brake (you 80 owners know what I mean) the lazy way. Looks like the discs will have to come off tomorrow.

Well it would help if the bell crank was connected to the brake shoe lever:doh: All working fine now ready for tomorrow's MOT

Carried on work to replace front N/S wheel bearing. Stripped the steering knuckle off last night.
Tonight i used my huge 3-arm puller to remove the hub, then my 10t hydraulic press to press out old bearing. Cleaned it all up and pressed in new bearing and hub.
Need to refit to vehicle tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

out at dawn this morning - LC back together again, and the bearing noise has gone - so looks like i replaced the right one :icon-biggrin:

also discovered a short on +ve lead to my auxillary battery

when i got local garage to press out O/S front wheel bearing last year, it took 13tons pressure to get it moving
this N/S one took only 5-6tons on my 10t press

but i had driven the vehicle about 1000miles when after the O/S bearing started getting noisy, so maybe the heat from driving on it worn made it more awkward to remove

Last edited:
Don't envy you with that job Andy but good result and one thing not to worry about for a fair while.

Tow bar will have to go back on because i can't find a decent bit of box section to put in its place and something has to protect the rear plastics :icon-cry:

Don't envy you with that job Andy but good result and one thing not to worry about for a fair while.

thanks Trevor - but it is a walk in the park compared to the massive job you did on Lil' Blue :icon-cool:

not good timing - but in a way good timing - since we are heading to Morocco in 2 weeks time! so glad it didnt wait until we had set off on the trip!:wtf:

I had only driven the vehicle 40miles since a Toyota garage checked it over! when the bearing noise suddenly started.
typical, as they took the steering knuckle off this side when replacing the lower ball-joint (they had to drill out and retap a bolt hole due to a sheared bolt)
and all this time i had the new bearing, snap ring and 3x seals sitting in the truck!!
i would have got them to swap the bearing over if i had known they were taking the steering knuckle off

but glad i didnt have to deal with sheared balljoint bolts...

hope the rear wheel bearings don't fail now... maybe i should replace them this winter as a precaution... but is a big job

Refit compressor (airspool on winch seized grr), replace blown glow plug fusible link and bought me some new tyres which get fitted in the morning :icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin::icon-biggrin:

Rob, that would seem to explain quite a lot from the other night then. When I said there might be play in the bell crank I hadn't figured on quite that much.

Passed MOT with brand new Milners downpipe. Usual advisories that can be ignored like the MOT brake is blah blah blah...

Fitted the winch thimble thingymabob...

qany5a3a.jpg

ma9a3yqe.jpg

Just been out with the hoover and sucked up all the broken glass that bl**dy tree spread all through the truck, :angry-screaming: hoovered out the inside of the door and refitted the door card. Next job after a cuppa, play out the winch line and rewind evenly.

EDIT

Changed my mind about the winch line. it's raining.

Last edited:
Warning for others visiting Lincomb for the first time ...... Let the scouts wash your truck before you leave and don't like me be tempted to drive home and wait 2 days to clean it . 2 hours with a Bosch 120bar power washer just about got the truck clean enough to be allowed in the automated car wash at the supermarket . I now have my very own Lincomb lane at the back of my house as the tarmac is now red mud :icon-biggrin: All told 3 hours and now my truck just needs like it could do with a wash :icon-smile:

Somebody should have warned you about the infamous Lincomb mud, it sets like concrete.

Back