Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

:angry-screaming: Charging the batteries, left the bloody lights on last night. :icon-redface:

Found the plug for the Cdl and plugged in the hazard switch (read that it works so thought I'd test it) yep works spot on and seems easier to get then a Cdl switch.

Chris had mentioned a plug on the auto thats worth disconnecting but can't seem to find any info on this????

Stripped front doors down to clean the window rubbers, they're a bit slow when wet so cleaned and lubed, will need some new ones really as going a bit hard.

Got my rear washer working, pipe was blocked up with gunge at the back so a good blow through with the airline sorted it.

Fitted air compressor into the boot and gave the interior a clean up including some leather conditioner.
Just need some road tax now.

Changed engine oil and filter

And checked the work a local toyota dealer had done.
I had them check the vehicle prior to going to morocco soon.
They identified a few issues, and these included a bottom steering knuckle balljoint being worn. So i asked them to replace both sides.
Looks like one gave a fight, as they split top BJ so must have had a bolt shear and thus removed hub to drill it out.
They then fitted a new top BJ rubber boot, and used a rubber o-ring to secure it! Not a metal split ring. And the boot had popped off by time i drove home.
Havent got invoice yet, so will discuss tjus when i speak to them tomorrow, as pretty poor.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Just stripped out radio cassette and Nokia Bluetooth system in readiness for new radio and Ipod/phone system
Steve

Picked these up today...

usesutah.jpg

37's are coming. Oh yes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have wanted one of those thimble jobbies for a while as well as one of there very nice rear recovery receivers. Enjoy, factor 55 make some nice gear. I hope the trail was as good as the vids make it out.

Ryan, where did you get the thimble from?

It comes from a company called factor 55 in the US. Ryan is there currently doing one of the 4x4 trails.

I thought I would answer as I'm not sure what access he has to the net.

It comes from a company called factor 55 in the US. Ryan is there currently doing one of the 4x4 trails.

I thought I would answer as I'm not sure what access he has to the net.

Cheers Warren, I've had a look at it on their site, but at about £100 squids :shock: I think I'll give it a miss.

Hey Warren,

Doing the trail on Friday and Sat. In Yosemite at the moment.

I couldn't help myself with the thimble. Being in a 4wheelparts store is like being a kid in a candy shop. It ended up being £90 and I'll get the tax back on it. And it's just looks so pretty...

Last edited:
It's like being a magpie.

If you see and arb blue inflation gauge and have the space think of me.

That would be great they no more than $30 from memory but no worries if its too late.

Managed to borrow a welder from a mate so had a go at lifting the fuel tank guard , and i don't mind saying what a horribly frustrating job it was to do but i got there in the end .
fueltank004_zpsc774bd72.jpg

O/S lower ball joint replaced, pretty straightforward to do. Another tick on the list.

Whilst I am having the radiator repaired for my truck I fitted the shocks I got from Andrew Lomas (thanks mate). This was straight forward and uneventful. I also changed the o /s/r bumper corner for one without a dent in it.
I found I had to drop the tow bar on this side so I could undo the last bolt, only to find the drowbar bolts nearly rusted out and the captivated nuts in the chassis hardly there. So I have been drilling and tapping and fitting new nuts and bolts so I don't lose any trailers up the road. I wonder if this is a common problem or not.

Cheers, Mark

Gearbox, transfer box and rear diff oils changed today.

Back