Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

that all sounds like hard work. i feel very happy one of the owners of mine sprayed oil uderneath every 2 weeks. all the jobs on mine i have not looked forward to the bolts have been a pleasure to undo. i think i need to keep up with this.
stu

Jon, with welding the bolt on is it the heat or just a stronger connection with the remaining bolt that is so effective in releasing bolts?
Massive amount of very localised heat crushes all resistance :icon-cool: A good blob of weld on bolts you expect to give you trouble before they snap works wonders but replace the bolt and be careful you don't overdo it and destroy the bolt head :lol: Allow time to cool as Chris says and I sometimes give em a squirt of WD for good measure still because any hint of lubrication will have burnt off.

Jon, I have to say I have never blobbed a bolt before giving it some umpo. It's a great idea. Yes I have heated them in advance when I suspected they'd be blighters, but whacking them with 180 amps is a really good idea. If they are well exposed, you could whack em, grind them back and whack them again actually.

I have to do my ARB bushes. I shall be rolling out the welder for sure. I have done a recce and they look horrid.

Hrmm ... really sounds like I need to get myself onto this welding malarky.

Well had a rust scab on the Bonnet (where bracket for A bar has rubbed) so gave it a prod, erm turned into a hole! In for a penny and all that I prodded a bit more.... turned into cutting a bit out with the grinder, welding a new bit of metal in and skim of filler!!! Just need to paint it now. Original plan was sand it down, treat it, fill and paint nice small repair but nothing is easy. (Pics will follow)

I think the 80 is just disgruntled about having a landy parked next to it that's getting more attention lol.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Oh ... does anyone know what ratio to dilute the toyota red coolant concentrate too? I've been poking around the net and can't find anything.

Oh ... does anyone know what ratio to dilute the toyota red coolant concentrate too? I've been poking around the net and can't find anything.

sorry not sure- surely it says on the "packet" ?
I have always bought the Toyota red premixed

Fitted my new boots today, 305 50 20", standard suspension, just a slight modification to mudflap! Measured in at 32.3" - not bad :dance:

Fitted my new boots today, 305 50 20", standard suspension, just a slight modification to mudflap! Measured in at 32.3" - not bad :dance:

^^^^

Worthless without pics!! ;-)

^^^^

Worthless without pics!! ;-)

1.jpg
2.jpg

It was dark when I finished, so I'll get some better ones soon!

Local dealer service department might know? I don't use it so idk.

It looks to be 50/50 (55/45 for cold climates) from the snippets I can find online. Nothing definitive though so will go with this. Annoyingly that would leave me 2litres short for the 12litres required for the 1HD-FT. So just picked some premixed as well.

Last few days I've treated Fiery to:-

5w30 oil change and oil filter
Replaced headlights for LHD versions
Removed and replaced rear bumper lights
Solar regulator and panel
Ultra Xenon headlight bulbs
Varta G8 battery
Replace aftermarket front fogs
3 x wipers

A few more jobs to do before Fiery is off to Switzerland

Last edited:
Last few days I've treated Fiery to:-

5w30 oil change and oil filter
Replaced headlights for LHD versions
Removed and replaced rear bumper lights
Solar regulator and panel
Ultra Xenon headlight bulbs
Varta G8 battery
Replace aftermarket front fogs
3 x wipers

A few more jobs to do before Fiery is off to Switzerland

Have i missed something here, have you bought the Essex Fiery?

Yes, purchased on behalf of my Sister as she needed something solid and reliable for her first 12 months over there. If I don't buy it back from her then Fiery will be up for grabs again in a year.

Again with the anti roll bar bolts made by Cadbury, you can if all else fails drill bigger and put a bolt and thinned nut behind to recover the situation. Not the perfect solution but I have had to do the in the past.

Answering the question aimed at JW, welding a new head onto the stump deep heats the old threads at the same time. It all helps. But do let it cool first, or cool it rapidly. Obviously, whilst hot, it's expanded.

Chris/Jon ... would an 8mm rivnut be strong enough to hold the anti sway bar? This seems like an easyish solution.

Chris/Jon ... would an 8mm rivnut be strong enough to hold the anti sway bar? This seems like an easyish solution.
probably not strong enough, I wouldn't do it, but someone will now say they went the length of Africa and back on rivnuts no problem :lol:

Back