Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

changed my steering wheel as the leather had gone all crappy

and greased my nipples :mrgreen:

Made & fitted a false floor for the boot out of 15mm marine ply, fitted my fridge slide & fridge.

Just got to wire it up now :roll:

Finished brakes, did 120 handbrake. Had to take the disks off to see the wheel. Much better now. Put the wheels on, tool the RHS rear wheel off again, put the calliper back on, put the wheel back. All good now :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like something I'd do ...

did you follow the handbrake bible - was it all applicable??

started making a bash plate for the transfer box on my 100.

Stared at Sassy for a while, then decided to start tidying the Garage, Wife thought it was messy, it seemed ok to me :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
drained and refilled radiator with fresh Toyota red
took viscous fan off, split the clutch off and topped up the clutch fluid

Gary Stockton said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like something I'd do ...

did you follow the handbrake bible - was it all applicable??

Bible was, but not sure if the 90 has bigger holes than the 120 for the clicker. Really fussy thing. Is simplier to take off the disk, get it to the point that the disk almost does not fit back on, click it out a couple times.
Handbrake before - would not hold the car on a slight slope. Now, 3 clicks and it's locked :thumbup:

replaced my broken drivers side CV joint, re-booted lower ball joint (while doing CV), inspected, greased and refitted front prop shaft, reset drivers side wheel bearing preload.

Jon Wildsmith said:
replaced my broken drivers side CV joint, re-booted lower ball joint (while doing CV), inspected, greased and refitted front prop shaft, reset drivers side wheel bearing preload.

Was that an 'opps' in the woods, Jon?

yep, only 10k on it and the cage disintegrated, bit too much right foot on a tight bend on a hill but I'm sure there will be pics and details when the rest get home. Saving grace is that inspecting and greasing the front prop which I took off to get home plus re-booting the lower ball joint which required swivel removal were both on my job list for today anyway :) The CV was one I put in last year so I would have a spare so I've just put the old one back on which I'd already rebuilt. Now I need another spare!

Was it the Toyo one you got, 10k is very short like for an oem one!
Shame those American after market ones haven't turned up yet. (RCV I think)

Was the damage limited to the CV then, Jon? Front diff all ok?
There was a fair amount of damage sustained today - conditions were even greasier than yesterday.

Removed front anti roll bar. Source of rattle over last three days was the right bracket had failed on the axle.

Been thinking about taking it off for a while, so the break was a good incentive.

Made some great releasing fluid mixed 50/50 acetone and ATF, applied via syringe. Worked very well.

Andrew Prince said:
Was the damage limited to the CV then, Jon? Front diff all ok?
There was a fair amount of damage sustained today - conditions were even greasier than yesterday.
Just the ball cage in the CV. I'll talk about it in the Lincomb thread when it comes up :)

Julian said:
Was it the Toyo one you got, 10k is very short like for an oem one!
Shame those American after market ones haven't turned up yet. (RCV I think)
Yes, genuine care of uncle Rubie. I'm not sure wether to think something stronger is needed or if that one was fault, the original ones have survived much worse.

Took off the rubbish clam-shell tow bar, and finished fitting and wiring the rear door downlighters for the table (thanks Dr Wildsmith for the idea and bits!). Pics to follow when it's dark!

Was out doing a few bit on my 75 and taking pictures of adding bits for my build log and the Lancaster came over my house very low. I see it quite a lot as I live 5 miles from where its based but normally by the time i get my camera its gone.

lank.jpg

The noise of 4 Merlins is just amazing.

Attachments

• lank.jpg
    lank.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 84
Birder said:
Was out doing a few bit on my 75 and taking pictures of adding bits for my build log and the Lancaster came over my house very low. I see it quite a lot as I live 5 miles from where its based but normally by the time i get my camera its gone.

lank.jpg

The noise of 4 Merlins is just amazing.
You should be inside the aircraft and hear them, I sat in a Shackleton (descendant of the Lanc) while they ran up the four Merlins, to use a much overused word, it was truly awesome!

Attachments

• lank.jpg
    lank.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 80
Back