Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

All the window channels replaced. Windows now much improved. Chris, your really flying through the to do list now! (Making the rest of us look lazy :roll: !).

Nothing on the Cruiser front, although there is a list as long as your arm of things waiting to be done, :oops: but I did change a leaky tap in the kitchen :thumbup:

Scott, I am like a man possessed. I simply don't have time to ponce about. Deadlines are drawing near and whilst ever I have jobs to do I can't focus on anything else!

Chris

Chris, have you fitted the snork ? I e-mailed my man today and he says they'll be sent to the courier on Tuesday and should receive them by Thursday, which's a bu66er as I'm going away for the weekend on that afternoon :evil: can't wait to see it on !

No I went with all the dirty jobs on the old girl's underside today :roll: Ahem.

Tomorrow is wiring in the head unit, gps and charger then Sunday is Snorks away day.

Sooo close now.

Then Monday is remove front diff and rear axle day then call the scrap man to come and take it away.

Chris

Did some maintanance on the alternator on LB. After the last outing it stopped charging. Pulled it out stripped the top end and cleared the mud away. Charging away nicely now.

Interesting thing with the alternator is that the top brush is wearing away much faster than the bottom one (was the same when I changed it last time, so I think the whole top assembly is not sitting dead on straight. Will look to replace the complete bit's next time round, as I should be getting much more than a couple of thousand miles out of a set of brushes :shock:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Fitted a Stebel Nautilus and pulled out the antenna motor yesterday.

Today I was supposed to be fitting new BEBs but the engine assembly lube I ordered hasn't arrived yet so it looks like that job is on hold until at least Tuesday as nobody seems to sell anything I can use for the job in Aberdeen. I'll just remake the electrical connections to the main battery for stuff, to tidy things up a bit.

Paul said:
Engine assy lube?

Aye, a thick lube that's oil soluble and helps prevent excessive wear on start up to newly fitted bearings, cams and suchlike before the oil gets moving around. Graphogen, Torco MPZ, Redline Assembly Lube.

Can't sort your big end without some lube :D

Certainly not needed, Just disconnect the wire off the fuel pump solenoid & turn it over until oil pressure rises. There is plenty of oil left in the webs of the crankshaft for initial cranking.

Chris said:
Ahh, well, now that's a good question. I have done it differently this time. I'll stick pics up of all the work when I next do Cruiser of the Month :lol:

-- erm never mind cruiser OF the month i vote you for a write up of Cruiser IN a month!!

adrianr said:
Chris said:
Ahh, well, now that's a good question. I have done it differently this time. I'll stick pics up of all the work when I next do Cruiser of the Month :lol:

-- erm never mind cruiser OF the month i vote you for a write up of Cruiser IN a month!!

Deffo :clap: :clap:

Aww shucks. Well, it's a lot easier second time around. Not.

C

Nothing much, I took off my Nato hitch as I was p11sed off cracking my shins on it almost every time I went to the back of the truck :angry-screaming: and substituted an ordinary tow ball/pin, I also fitted a small flagpole to the inside of the rear wheel carrier for the St George flag, it was originally on a window, but with wind deflectors on the windows wouldn't close completely, :thumbdown: the pole is just cable tied on so easily removable;

New-2-1.jpg

that's Mrs Chas substituting for the wind :thumbup:

Attachments

• New-2-1.jpg
    New-2-1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 68
Yesterday, I noticed that one of the lights in the rear number plate cluster was hanging loose by it's loom. First I tried to a temporary fix using a bit of Blue Tack to fix it back into place, hoping this would suffice until after the bank holiday. Shame be upon me! Later on in the evening after a trip to the shop, I began to have second thoughts and with good reason. My "fix" didn't last two hours in the boiling heat and a thunder storm. Lucky for me I remembered that I had some industrial sticky stuff hidden away in a cupboard. I scrapped off all the residue off the underside of the lighting fitting, cleaned the area with some white spirit and applied the sticky stuff to suit. A nice professional job, even if I say it myself. The 1st of many, me thinks!

John

The Dark Dude

Finally removed and 'sealed' (or attempted to seal - only time will tell!!) the power steering reservoir following on from this discussion/thread.

Removed and serviced/overhauled rear diff actuator in preparation for Lincomb - all functioning again :cool:

Greased prop's and UJ's & Replaced all three fuel filters...

Changed the transfer box rear output seal, inspected and greased rear prop shaft, installed extended breather pipes on diffs and box's using the fancy kit from Greg :)

I took my front prop off and gave it a right good greasing plus pushed out all the old grease from the slip joint (took the nipple out) then sucked new grease in by pumping it in an out.

Hmm, breathers. Not done much about those yet.

Chris

Chris said:
I took my front prop off and gave it a right good greasing plus pushed out all the old grease from the slip joint (took the nipple out)
Me too :thumbup: Front UJ feeling a bit "notchy" but no play (yet) so that'll be up for replacement soon...

Replaced headlight, wiper linkage, rear lights, couple of interior switches and then properly cleaned it including scrubbing bucket loads of Mongolian dirt from the wheel arches etc and jet washed the engine bay. Managed to block the drain on the street with all that dirt so had to unblock that too...

Back