Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Put two front shocks on the cruiser today. Got a pair of Monroe Adventure shocks from my local supplier. Nice quick job, boy those front springs are strong though! Considering these were on the truck from new, I'm quite impressed with their longevity, but annoyed that I didn't change them sooner

IMAG0387_zpsgzjwcn42.jpg

Replaced all the wheel nuts on Silver Phoenix after doing the rear brakes, only ones I could get hold of that were long enough via Simon Holton were from an anniversary edition Prius. Doing my bit for the environment and looking forward to amazing mileage figures :lol::lol:

Replaced the wheel nuts? Really? Whatever for Trevor? Long enough? How long do they need to be?

I had each wheel off to check brakes and a number of nuts wouldn't go back on "nicely", too tight and I didn't want to strip any threads in the studs. Wonder if they've been rattle gunned on at some point?

Got a set of standard 80 steel nuts but not long enough to go all the way down the stud and engage with the rim, then remembered that the rims are Hilux or similar. So Simon and I discussed measurements of the existing nuts and the Prius ones seemed suitable.

While I was at the dealer, Simon tried one of the duff nuts in the workshop and agreed the threads were likely stretched and it wouldn't go on anything they had properly.

New ones have gone on like a dream.

Last edited:
Well whoever or whatever caused it, no drama, all sorted now.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can't say I had an issue with them Trevor. Actually, I did know one was slightly stiff and I used to run the thread chaser down it occasionally. But the standard length nut was always perfect. In fact the Hilux wheels were thinner so the nuts should have been over long if anything.

Well you are sorted now.

Topped up the screen wash and the engine oil, 1/2 litre in 6k miles. Do like not having to do continuous maintenance :icon-biggrin:

Screen wash for me too, and 3 lbs of air in the rear nearside (must get some more spray gooey gluey stuff). The oil was fine, just as it was 4k kms ago.

Good old 80s.

Going night laning next weekend so i guessed a quick check over was needed.

Finally managed to fill and bleed the power steering system after replacing the rack....no more spinach required to turn the steering wheel!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if I killed my Odyssey battery (which is actually difficult to do under normal use). Then I moved the starter cable from its post isolator position to directly on the battery +ve post. The isolator is great for accessories, but not up to starting currents, so was starting to arc and get furred up. Now she fires up in an instant again.

I also put some fully synth oil in for the first time, and I'm convinced it's made a difference to both power and smoothness. Even the missus commented on it from the passenger seat... I'm pleasantly surprised.

Not the 80 but put some winter wheels/tyres on the beemer today, had to take the valves out of the normal wheels as has pressure monitors, the wheels are brand new off a 3 series and cost me nothing as we're thrown out for scrap, had the tyres from our old focus, if it snows it'll be useable

20141108_135426.jpg

Shocking isn't it Clive! Sales upgraded the wheels on a new car as these are low spec ones and just binned them! One man's junk and all that....

Shocking isn't it Clive! Sales upgraded the wheels on a new car as these are low spec ones and just binned them! One man's junk and all that....

Dreadful, the way of the developed world, it's shameful.:oops:

70d7de9d0ba5f0f678d1137996ff357c.jpg

Stuck a rechargeable Mag-lite onto the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreadful, the way of the developed world, it's shameful.:oops:

You'll be surprised what we save from the scrap at work, my load Gaurd among other stuff. One of lads just rescued one of the big workshop benches (proper steel framed with vice etc ) as not needed anymore due to space and have 2 more. Hydraulic press as had to be replaced due to age (nothing wrong with it) I've got a nice bench grinder as the little plastic shield was cracked!!
Plus my now winter alloy wheels, other lads had brand new steel wheels, office furniture as they changed it all, we had some nice leather sofas in the showroom prob a year old, they changed the layout and binned them, now in front room of one of the lads!!
Quite ridiculous tbh but we all benefit from it lol

Mickey T's

Gave the ole girl early xmas present with some new Mickey Thompson boots.
Very impressed with these tyres so far. Excellent road manners for fairly aggressive pattern.

Some white stuff required soon please...:pray:

MickeyTsMedium.jpg

Back