Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Had the 80 on the ramp today, 3 new drive belts as they were cracking, a good once over, greased the props, checked all the fluids etc ready for c2c in a week.
Put the fridge and other gear in too.

Took the chance to take some underside pics while it's clean for when it goes for sale.

Did another oil change in the 90 and the car, my son helped which was nice. Driveway still looked like a platform from the Exxon Valdez.

If any of you do have a car with a Mitsubishi 4B1x engine you have to remove the whole airbox to put the new filter in. You can do it without but the bottom of the airbox won't seal. Sounded a bit more throaty which was nice though haha.

Quick 10 minute job, did the regular change of fuel filter. Thought I had other stuff “in stock” but can’t find them so have ordered oil, oil filter, air filter, front brake pads; so that’s scheduled for next weekend.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well done, took me longer that to unscrew the head off the old one!!!

I had understand yor comment there Karl. First time I replaced it I think it had been put on by the same gorilla that put on the oil filter! However, as I change regularly, put diesel on the seals and only screw up hand tight it’s a real quick job now. Shouldn’t have said that, I know, as next time it’s sure to not go smoothly now!

Parts to do my UJs came today. Preparation appears to be the key to getting alignment and balance correct on reassembly. Let's hope the nuts/bolts come loose.

UJs are easy enough, just take your time pushing them back in to make sure they don't separate.

Spurred on by @Raj 's quest to change the diff oils, I finally got round to doing mine - rear, front and transfer

Attachments

• 20220514_152530.jpg
    20220514_152530.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 42
Looks nice under your truck Karl and what are the ramps you using there please

Looks nice under your truck Karl

Thanks!!!

and what are the ramps you using there please

I got them from a place called 'seaflo-uk' on Ebay. @Tractionman discovered them originally and I got a set from a place called 'seaflo-uk' on Ebay. Just had a look and I dont think they sell them anymore. But I think @Raj got the same set recently, so can hopefully give us a new supplier!

Finished my rear prop shaft UJ replacement. Whilst it was off had these guys balance it. Nottingham | Drive Shafts Propshafts Drive Lines | Commercial | Domestic | Industrial | Wilson Drive Shafts | UK 0115 976 1202 - Home - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]. Good service and turn around time. The shaft was quite a way out but all good now. Might leave the front till I sort some ramps. Was a right pain.
Weird - did mine (front and back) on the 80 just parked on the drive - plenty of room to slide underneath (admittedly on +2" springs).

Took it easy as it was too hot for anything strenuous- Not sure I can be pleased, was moaning it was too cold and wet the other week! Anyway, oil &filter change done, and rotated the wheels.

Finally did my first oil and filter change, changed front wipers, and tried to change diff oils but abandoned the diff part as the front diff drain plug was too tight and could not crack it.
The site was not working for me so couldn't access the procedure from my previous threads so followed the project 200 oil change video step by step it took about 5-6 hours but successfully did it exactly as per the procedure with some minute errors.

it was an easy and simple process but it took time as I had to get the car on the ramp, arange axle stands, struggle to crack the bash plate nuts, then in between didn't understand some tools so left the car on ramps and went to Halfords to ask them etc etc.

It was super satisfying. I found out that if we fill the exact 9.2 liters as per owner's manual, the oil level is slightly more on the dipstick. I will remove little bit later. Now I know how to do it and also not expensive, I am planning to change the oil and filter every 3000 miles for few times until the oil appears clean.
I will buy some power tool to open these nuts. From the look of the bash plate nuts it appears they were not opened for long time and may be oil filter not changed as well in previous two services.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 1.13.20 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-22 at 1.13.20 PM.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 21
Well done Raj! Re 9.2 and overfilling - you probably won't get ALL the old oil out - there will always be a bit left somewhere...

An impact wrench will make short work of those bash plate bolts!

Back