Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who's got a boat?

Going fishing again Andrew :)

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Not now, but I've had several in the past ranging from a variety of canoes, sailing dinghies, a jet ski, ski boats (2) and a small sailing 2 berth cabin boat. Do wind surfers count? (2). :icon-biggrin:

Why the question? :think:

I think Shayne has a lil old boat ... not sure the 80 would tow it though!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not now, but I've had several in the past ranging from a variety of canoes, sailing dinghies, a jet ski, ski boats (2) and a small sailing 2 berth cabin boat. Do wind surfers count? (2). :icon-biggrin:

Why the question? :think:

i was just curious.... When following overland cruisers on Facebook they seem to be replacing a lot of rotten back chassis and bodywork and boat launching seems to always get the blame. I just wondered if they were the preferred choice for boat owners or just that their age has caught up with them and they now got land roveritus?

How many is a lot of?
It is a really good page for seeing what great work Julian does, recently, he must have done two or three rear chassis, some sills, a dissolved rear diff actuator casting and a pair of front inner wings. Generally major tin worm surgery.

Mainly believed to be associated with boats, but I wonder if it is just 20 years of salty roads.

He he also just posted some really shot front axle swivel bearings, great pointers for stuff to go check.

It is a really good page for seeing what great work Julian does, recently, he must have done two or three rear chassis, some sills, a dissolved rear diff actuator casting and a pair of front inner wings. Generally major tin worm surgery.

Mainly believed to be associated with boats, but I wonder if it is just 20 years of salty roads.

He he also just posted some really shot front axle swivel bearings, great pointers for stuff to go check.
Doesn't sound like a lot, you still trying to justify to yourself why you have a barbie cruiser instead of a real one Andrew? :lol:

Interesting point Andrew i've spent most of my life around the sea and now you mention it there are few boats around that can be launched from a trailer that would get an LC undercarriage wet ? The average boat slip is maybe 35 degrees in fall so by the time your rear tyres are wet the boat should be in 4 or 5ft of water . Maybe you should look out for LC owners who have virtually flat bottomed boats which are likely to be launched from a beach .

Doesn't sound like a lot, you still trying to justify to yourself why you have a barbie cruiser instead of a real one Andrew? :lol:

Lol :lol:

Well other than the French designer styling is significantly more beautiful than the Japanese Lego projects and that I am clearly a slim guy and dont need the extra girth and extra weight limits of an 80.....:whistle:

The real reason I went for a Barbie cruiser is that you can get a decent one easily. It is very difficult to get a decent 80 without Star Trek mileage and even when I looked at 100's they were even harder to find stuff to convert for off-roading.

So I opted for the 120 but there is no correct answer, but when you look at age, size and economy it is just a matter of choice I guess.

So the real question is Kylie Minogue or Dawn French? :shock:

Ps Kylie Cruiser is defo better sounding than Lard Cruiser :whistle:

Last edited:

Well other than the French designer styling is significantly more beautiful than the Japanese Lego projects and that I am clearly a slim guy and dont need the extra girth and extra weight limits of an 80.....:whistle:

The real reason I went for a Barbie cruiser is that you can get a decent one easily. It is very difficult to get a decent 80 without Star Trek mileage and even when I looked at 100's they were even harder to find stuff to convert for off-roading.

So I opted for the 120 but there is no correct answer, but when you look at age, size and economy it is just a matter of choice I guess.

I thought so :icon-biggrin:

Kylie Cruiser is defo better sounding than Lard Cruiser :whistle:

Don't let my old girl hear you calling her lardy, she'll have a hissy fit.
unhappy-075.bmp

It's the salt on the roads in the winter - it seems to accumulate under the rear more than other places.
It's like that on all cars - liftgate, rear wheel arches, rear brakes, inside rear bumper, tank, under boot, etc, is what rusts first.

Well, apart from humour, Kylie would get my vote anytime, but that should be the subject of a completely different post :lol: :?

I know that I'm guilty of setting at least 2 lawn rollers on the road to rusty ruin from dipping them too deep into the Irish Sea launching boats off the west coast of Wales!

One time it was lapping the top of the dash when we bogged it into wet sand on a rising tide, it took a JCB 3CX (which also got stuck) and a tracked shovel to get us both out! One episode to forget!

Thankfully, my 80 has never seen the sea, let alone dipped its toes in!

Please excuse (ir)relevance, but I have had trouble discerning the real theme of this thread.:?

I have a boat but the boat always gets craned on and off the trailer I only use the Truck for towing it to and from winter storage. If you do need to use a slip then there are often multiple ways to do it without getting the truck near the water. Having said that I noticed that the mineral content in the local granite bogs around me used to do as much damage to my landrover chassis as I have ever seen salt water do anything

I've got a little boat .... ... but it's launch off the front tow bar ..

truck is always rinsed off after retrieving the boat though

Back