Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why so many Land Cruisers for sale right now?

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Is there some thing I don't know?

I mean, there must be about 4 or 5 people trying to sell either their 80 series, or their 90 series, the petrol prado that some one want rediculous money for.

Has some one announced the price of fuel is doubling in the next week or some thing?

Gra.

Well maybe they have found out how really ineffective they are in the recent snow :lol: :lol: :lol:

Recession having an impact, no doubt at all.

A 4x4 doing 20mpg with fuel at £7.00 a gallon?

No way I could afford to run a 4x4 (of any sort) at those figures if it was a main car.

Also, similar vein I suppose, but they are fetching good money at the moment.

Or maybe Land Rovers have stopped breaking down.... :lol:

Pete

Yup. Will be that. Left the dealer today and noticed 3 LCD there, one if which a 150.
Salesman said they all part exchange on cheaper cars.

I'm lucky as the 120 costs me nothing each month and the IQ uses the fuel in a month as the lc in a week @ a tank a week. It seems a waste with the mileage I do.

Kinda sad we're being driven to drive shoe boxes. Pun intended ...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

wobbly said:
Recession having an impact, no doubt at all.

No way I could afford to run a 4x4 (of any sort) at those figures if it was a main car.

Also, similar vein I suppose, but they are fetching good money at the moment.

Or maybe Land Rovers have stopped breaking down.... :lol:

Pete

Ha ha! Love this, reliable landrovers... Pigs aren't flying are they????! Lmao :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am doing the opposite and just buying a land cruiser. We previously had 3 cars between 2, and I used my Hilux as a second car with a fabia for my daily car. But, with insurance, tax and mot it works out very little difference in cost to use a 4x4 everyday, so Hilux and fabia are gone, and it's going to be 70 series as my daily car!

wobbly said:

My daily drive does 22mpg on petrol, still cheaper to run than an 80 as a daily drive :shock:

Seems that high inflation, below inflation pay and rising fuel prices is making the usual post Christmas lack of money worse than normal. I bought my 80 this time of year 3 years ago when the original recession hit hard, there were plenty for sale back then too and cheap.

Diesel cost is not the problem for me, it is just time. I have not been laneing since last MAY!!! I did think of selling it, but keep buying more bits :shock: .

Paul

Fuel costs have alot to answer for I think. If I didn't have an overland trip planned for later this year I would probably be looking for something cheaper to run too. As it is, I've taken to cycling the 12 miles to work most days instead

I think a couple of good suggestions mentioned.
The one that sticks out, is "Iv'e not been laning"
I guess the % of lanes that are now not available is increasing year on year.
The lanes that are left are being done too regular, and guys are getting maybe fed up with the same lane, over adn over.

Fuel prices, well, they surely are a real reason to sell, esp. if the LC is a daily driver.
However, buying an IQ, well, I can't really ad the maths up on that one.
It looks like they can be had ro £10695, that buys a lot of diesel is that, even if you only keep it a couple of years and then sell again.
Any way, I fortunatly are not driving the 120 much at all.
If I do 2000 miles a year I would be surprised from now.

Any way, an interesting topic, and I am sure there are many other big 4x4 owners needing to sell, and by that I mean the Land Cruiser, the Land Rovers, the Mitsi's Navara's they are all generally heavy on fuel.

Gra.

A lot of LC's will have been used by business for towing, it does'nt make financial sense to keep an 80 going when you can buy a newer car & write the costs off. A lot of them were used by race teams, restorers etc all of who'm are suffering in these climates.

Plus they are making good money going for export it would seem, so a good time to sell?

Anothewr reason there are so many up for sale is the winter is nearly over and many of them would have been bought in preperation for a winter like we had last year.

Back