Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Will these L200 alloys will fit my Collie??

cbv8

Country Flag
england
Hi All,
Can anyone tell me if these L200 alloys will fit my 02 Collie the only difference between my wheels and L200 is the offest and 2mm centre bore difference so am i right in assuming these will fit of will i need a spacer or something? any help or advice very much appreciated:bow-yellow: as you can probably gather i haven't a clue about wheel dimensions :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug: :confusion-shrug:

Attachments

• wheel size 017.jpg
    wheel size 017.jpg
    591.5 KB · Views: 38
  • wheel size 018.jpg
    wheel size 018.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 32
  • s-l1600 (5).jpg
    s-l1600 (5).jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 38
Forgive me but I can't understand why anyone would put Mitsi wheels on a Toyota, Whilst the three spoke wheels wern't Toyotas finest design I'd ( and did) put 80 series wheels on my black D4D Collie and they did look the part and gave the facility to put bigger tyres on.

IMG_1155.JPG

My Prado has these Kimberley edition mag wheels despite not being a Kimberley model. Look much better than the 3 spoke mags.

Screenshot_20201129-182721.png

Offset is the centre of a wheel when your looking at a car driving towards you , a negative offset brings the wheel closer to the curb . Standard Collie wheels have a positive offset i think and it was a stupid idea by Toyota . A positive offset is good .

Centre bore is the hole in the middle of the wheel and if you take your wheel off you will see it sits on a circular lip , i suppose you could balance it on that lip using one finger with all the wheel studs removed so the Mitsu wheels won't fit unless you add a small spacer .

80 series wheels are 16x8 with a zero offset and thats the size the collie should have had from the factory , not cheap to source though and its a fairly common size for aftermarket wheels .

Thanks for the replies all, Andy i am putting Mitsi wheels on because i like the look of them and i cannot justify spending over £500 on a set of used LC 80 wheels nice as they are :oops: Shayne so basically they do fit if i put spacer rings on someone on fb has suggested 8-6mm ones below is a pic of the alloys for just over £100 which i have now bought :D

Attachments

• s-l1600 (6).jpg
    s-l1600 (6).jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 50
8mm spacer may do the rear but i think the front center bore lip is more than that , I'd wait until the wheels arrive so you can see whats what and like as not order 1" inch spacers because i'm guessing your new wheels are 16x7 and as already said 16x8 suits best .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just remembered some but not all collies need longer wheel studs to fit 1" spacers , nobody knows why ?

Those are the wheels I have seen fitted to a 90 a few years back when I was working in Ashford area. Didnt speak to the owner but they did look the part and filled the arches nicely.

Seen them on an early 80 for what it may or may not be worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks iv'e just got to sort some chunky ATs now ;-) theres a few other jobs im doing first like fitting some bonnet gas struts and replacing those feeble taxi beep beep sounding horns i know trivial jobs but jobs that irritate especially the weighty bonnet. I have have done the oils/filters cambelt egr blank other jobs to do- coolant cat removal middle box removal remote trans cooler then the dreaded drop tank and rust proof the whole underneath i still have an issue with reverse gear ie there is none when its hot but that will be sorted at a later date it :oops:

Attachments

• scream 003.jpg
    scream 003.jpg
    535.2 KB · Views: 40
Hi cbv8, I have been lurking around for the gas strut, you have swapped yours? Where did you get them from? Cheers.

Not fitted yet i will post when i have sorted all :dance:

Back