winch mount build..90 series.

Danny b

I am in uk
Nov 27, 2016
Hi, as I have pics along the way I thought I would share my winch mount build, in time it will become a full bumper.

Just needs bolt hikes drilling though chassis legs on final fitment.

IMAG1773.jpg IMAG1777.jpg IMAG1780.jpg
IMAG1783.jpgIMAG1807.jpg

Reactions: Sag
Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Danny b

I am in uk
Nov 27, 2016
Thanks guys, sprayed it black along with the undertrays I repaired earlier. More pics tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it all fitted. Roof rack will be next big fabrication project.

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
I am in romania
May 23, 2012
Comarnic, Romania
Garage
Just a thought, I see several drain holes, but I'd recommend some drilled diagonally along the vertical folds, to allow drainage to wash out mud that's bound to collect.

I have drain holes in the base of mine, but it's suffering a lot of rust now due to it holding mud & water in the corners.

I'd make them about 1/2" diameter at least, and at 6" - 8" intervals all around. I'm sure it won't weaken the structure. When you jet-wash the tray, it will aid the water-flow to wash out the mud. JMHO.

A clumsy attempt to show what I mean...

110176-dc8ebf10f87ef66fbe121efa76158237_LI (2).jpg

Reactions: Danny b

Danny b

I am in uk
Nov 27, 2016
That's a good point Clive, don't want any holes in the front but might add the rear ones.. shame it's painted now...ha ha.

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
I am in romania
May 23, 2012
Comarnic, Romania
Garage
That's a good point Clive, don't want any holes in the front but might add the rear ones.. shame it's painted now...ha ha.
It is a shame, but I'd still recommend it. I have drains in the bottom of mine as you do now, but there's a strange phenomenon that prevents the wash-out of sand and mud, most of it seems to run straight over a horizontal hole, where it flows through the ones in the corner.

A sharp drill and immediate paint should protect it OK...

It's something you'll never do after final fitment, that's for sure.

Danny b

I am in uk
Nov 27, 2016
Progress this evening, got the winch bolted in the tray and bumper fitted back on. Planning to use the Colorado for a trip to Blackpool over Christmas so doubtful I will get the winch wired and rope fitted until the new year.
Any battery suggestions and wire diagrams between the two batteries?

IMAG1883.jpg

Mark01

I am in england
Jun 11, 2012
The New Forest
That a nice looking truck you have there. I do like the winch mount you made. Something to be said for the stealth look.

Cheers, mark

Danny b

I am in uk
Nov 27, 2016
That a nice looking truck you have there. I do like the winch mount you made. Something to be said for the stealth look.

Cheers, mark
Thanks Mark. I planning to go Yarwell on Sunday so the winch will probably get a good testing, looking forward to test out the capabilities of the truck too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks