Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

winch shipping

yogi

Garage
Country Flag
ireland
So I contacted David Bowyer about buying one of the TDS Goldfish 9.5C winches.

HE offered me a good deal on the winch when I mentioned the forum:icon-biggrin:

But the sipping for the winch to Northern Ireland (ie still in the UK with a BT postcode) is £110 :crazy::crazy::crazy:. I thought that was a bit mad given that he offers FREE shipping to mainland UK????

Just out of curiosity how much does one weigh with the steel wire or with the rope?

I'm just a big amazed because it cost less to ship an ARB winch bulbar to Southern Ireland on a pallet in an artic.:icon-eek:

Around 40kg I think

Obviously his shipping agent doesn't have such a competitive rate for that sort of job. Don't imagine there would be a problem if you arranged your own courier though.

Have a look at Parcels2go and some of the other price comparison sites; I could often shave money off of the cost of posting bits from my Volvo when I was breaking it for parts.

Alternatively have a look at someone like TransGlobal as well, they do heavier/more awkward things as well.

Good luck!

I think David uses TNT. A van turns up every day about 14.00 and just loads up. He is in the middle of absolutely no where. I have been. He's off the map. So I guess arranging one offs to get the best rates for a customer are a bit tricky. I would wonder how anyone would get to him in bad weather.

When I went, I nearly turned around and went back. The road runs out, literally.

yogi, try giving beatties a call http://www.beattiesfreight.com/beatties.html.

They are linked to one of the main couriers in the UK and I found them reasonable for bringing my bulk oil over to NI. Unfortunately bringing heavy items over costs a lot whoever you use.

Might be cheaper sometimes to travel over and pick up:wtf:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have it shipped to someone handy here on the mainland for 'free' then uplift it with the courier of your choice from there. Get it as close to you as possible.

Have it shipped to someone handy here on the mainland for 'free' then uplift it with the courier of your choice from there. Get it as close to you as possible.

Now that's a good idea Chris, I suppose the nearer to the West Coast ferry ports the better then! I may investigate a bit further.

Gav Peter may will help you out. IIRC he is Liverpool way

There'd be no work involved for the go between. Sign for delivery, sign for pick up. Even easier if it's a commercial premises where couriers are in and out all day.

Back