Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Windows/lock swiches

silvercruiser

Hello my Lock button on the bank of switches (drivers Door) has stopped working and wondered if the switch from an 80 series is the same?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-LA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item232d5a9c99

it looks the same.

i have got to test my switch first as it might be a break in the wire as it passes through the door. because my electric mirror plays up too.

little things like this annoy me, i like all my gizmo's to work.

Has anybody else had this?

Scrap the first idea i thought id have a look at the switch and then i got knee deep and found this.

004.jpg

So i have now stripped the wires, slipped some heat shrink on, soldered and shrunk.

but the lock button is still not working so now i need to read up on the wiring diagram.:doh:

Although the blue/white wires would loop back on itself if connected that's exactly what I would try first . wires are colour coded for a reason so reconnect green to green and blue to blue surely .

yeah i have connected all the wires as they should be so im fairly certain they are all correct. i need a nice coloured wiring diagram for the circuits and i think i can trace it all back just to check its not the switch. so calling anyone that knows where i can get some wiring diagrams that are better then the ones in the Max ellery.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but is there a way of changing the wiring on the window lock so it only locks the rear windows and leaves the passenger one free.

Avery I would assume the window lock switch is just a breaker which disables your window switch but I suppose you could move the breaker so it does not cut off power to the passenger window .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry Avery i cant help you on that one.

I had the door panel back off today and checked continuity from the switch through to the multi plug in the kick panel and all tested correct so no crossed wires. I took the switch apart and tested power in and out and it seems the switch has given up with the locking side it will unlock just wont lock so no biggy. i will wait for a switch to come up on tinternet. so all in at least i repaired the wires going through the door which i only realised was playing up because my door speaker was cutting in and out when the door was open, when shut it must of trapped the wires just right so a connection was made. so apart from switch all is good:icon-biggrin:

Back