Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Windscreen Cost

Charlie

Country Flag
indonesia
The windscreen is leaking on my truck, I will try to remove it without breaking it and refit with a new seal and sealer, however on the off chance I crack the screen I thought I would check the cost of a new screen.
1/ Autoglazing £192.00
2/ Autoglass £531.53
Has anybody purchased a new screen for their 80 series, and if so what was the cost and where from?

can't you get it on insurance if it is cracked? £50 or £75 as an excess charge is a lot less than prices you quote

AndyCook said:
can't you get it on insurance if it is cracked? £50 or £75 as an excess charge is a lot less than prices you quote

Its not cracked, it needs removing for the leak and touch up a bit of rust under the rubber.

but if it does crack when you work on it?

Why don't you just hit it so it DOES crack,
Then call them out.
Buy a new rubber beforehand, and ask fitter to use new rubber seal?

Has to be cheaper than £200 or close to.

Gra.

I was doing some work at JulianV's and asked him to replace my windscreen because the Footloose-replaced windscreen was leaking [they had used Autoglass I believe]. It is incredibly annoying so worth doing or getting it done right. I went for OEM rubber seal [don't have to] and from memory the windscreen was around 150 quid [but this is parts only] so your first price looks about right if it included fitment. You could ask JulianV who he used to supply.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had my 80 screen sealed last week for £30. Guaranteed work from National Windscreens. They were going to take it out, then looked and said it was bonded and it WOULD break trying to get it out. They made a good job of it. Took less than an hour. They did say that if they broke it, then they'd invoke the windscreen cover and it would cost me the excess only. It had two small dings in it and they said sealing in situ was the best thing.

Chris

Back