Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Windscreen wiper linkage needed

DaveVoorhis

Country Flag
england
My windscreen wiper linkage has worn out at the center mount. :( If you've got a full linkage you'd like to sell, plus mounting screws (three of them snapped on removal) please send me a PM.

If not would it be possible to wrap a bit of ptf tape round the ball links then clipping back on as would make the ball a larger diameter temporary of course.

It's not broken a ball joint. It's worn the centre mount enough that any further use will damage the wiper arm, lower windscreen trim, or the panel between the bonnet and the windscreen.

I only noticed it because it started squeaking today, then on inspection discovered the centre wiper arm shaft had almost completely worn through the mount.

Hello,
Does anyone know how to replace the whole linkage? My center linkage ball joint is worn out and fell out and the center arm mount is pretty worn out. I wanted to take the whole linkage out but wasn't able to do it because I probably have to remove the top metal sheet with holes for wipers. I didn't figure out how to do that. Does anyone have some info on changing the wiper linkage?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back