Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 series - 2005 "55" 3.0 D4D 6spd LC3 - £4.5k

yeah if i could see it i would consider it but if not no way.
when i was looking for a dog there was one to rehome but the chap said the dog was free but he would only post it to me and the p+p was £100. crazy to think that people fall for these scams.
stu

Theres some odd people about but you never Know Stu we are after all talking about an 8 year old Cruiser , how bad can it be ?

I bought my boat from an extremely odd fella , to get him on the phone i ended up calling the local fisheries management office , who put me on to the local fishyards , who happened to know a guy that lived across the street from the seller and was happy to act as a go between ? Regardless of this the seller true to his word had the boat transport by road all the way from North Shields to Whitehaven (Caledonia Canal was closed and no money had changed hands at this point) . Would you believe he forgot to bring his phone on the journey ! Now we are talking about a lot of money here , suffice to say i could have bought a house in the Isle of Man instead and they aint cheap .

What i ended up with is a year old boat in mint condition for a bargain price but i was lucky because i knew the company that actually built the boat who reported the seller to be equally odd whilst spending his own money on the build , but they said he never missed a payment nor quibbled about costs .

You just never know , and you might be interested to know you have greater legal protection if you buy it without seeing it than you do if you bought it from your local garage after test driving it .

Just remembered thinking to myself at the time "this guy is hiding from somebody in particular" ?

One more tip i discussed the sale with a lawyer first who kindly scripted a letter to be signed by the seller stating all debts relating to the boat prior to sale would be remain the responsibility of the seller , or something similar .

Last edited:
To be fair to the ebay user, I think their account may have been hacked.
Looking at their f/back they are not prolific users, last transaction 2 months ago, selling weeny bits and bobs.
Probably why all the messages are taking an age to respond to.
Always in Scotland, these "paypal protected" scams....

I see the ebay one now has a bold title - send me mobile number with offer...
So I have reported it......

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
So I got the un-replyable text.....
Googled the email address - Talk about prolific:-
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74094
http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums...cle-Scam-Barclays-provide-Fraudsters-Accounts
http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=322304

Still struggle to see how people can be taken in - if I was gonna run one of these scams I'd probably just price the car at say 15-20% less than market saying quick sale.
The common denominator is that they are all far far too cheap. Caveat emptor...

There's some sad stories there .. and I only clicked on the first link.

I was caught a few yrs ago, with the last of my savings / winter living money - similar price but for a tractor that we desperately needed for our business to grow. It put us back about 2 years, but over it now. When we bought the Cruiser, it was from ebay, but I had it inspected and a mate took the money round and collected it for me. Much safer for this sort of amount!
Steve

Back