Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 series - 2005 "55" 3.0 D4D 6spd LC3 - £4.5k

is very cheap but you don't get a response from them. been trying
stu

and as someone pointed out to me

the radio is tuned to BBC CMBR (Cumbria) - yet the item location is listed as being in Hertfordshire

it smells a bit fishy

Good price, last of the cheaper road tax (pre-06) and doesn't have 250k on the clock, not sure I believe the MPG though ;0)

Could it be (and this is purely conjecture on my point) that this is a ex-plod or "traffic officer" car and the mileage has been.....how shall we say, managed?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I did wonder if it was a plod bearing in mind it was white and low spec manual, plus no service history.
Says VOSA history there though (so would need to have been managed before first MOT - doubt plod would have moved it on that young.

November 2005 car (15/11/2005 according to DVLA). Didn't think they came out in white in the UK though, so will be fairly unique. License due 1st August 2014, and is £280 which is what I pay :)

Seems nice enough. Can't see mileage details, and the mpg figure - someone's dreaming :)

What do these people gain from these types of adverts? If there was a buy it now I could see the point in the scam. there is nothing that I can see they gain from this. Does any body know why they do it?
Stu

I wonder if it is for real? as I also can't see the point of this advert?

May be it is real?

Gra

no I did send a ebay message as my dad is looking for some thing and I could export to SA and make a few quid but no response which is why I find it strange somebody would go through the effort to write out a advert for no gain at all.
Stu

he has just sent me a text. but it has not come up with a phone number more of a user id ?? asking me to email him.
not sure what to do. might email and see where it goes. email from one I don't use or have any info on if it get hacked.
stu

If you put the email address into google does it find anything interesting?

no a book shop in London and a builders merchant in Daventry and warwicksure.
I have emailed him but no reply yet. asked for a land line to speak to him and where/when I can look at the cruiser.
stu

Cool - Stu's bank details on the internet imminently everyone :icon-biggrin:

There will be a scam along shortly.

Pete.

And for what its worth, that isnt Leavesden in the photo, whilst there may be the odd tree, its very flat.

best email responce.
i cant view car as he is in scotland. i can pay by paypal to be 'covered' and he will ship to me at his expence.
he will not give out his phone number as its a internet deal. wtf .might ask for a photo of the log book?
by the way its worth asking just in case you might get as jammy as loughton landcruisers one day.
stu

Why, Stu, what ever do you mean??:lol:
In this case its way too good to be true, if you cant view it, forget it!!

Andy

Back