Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1994 80 series just now adding some more off road and camping upgrades.

Hi Again, planning on changing out the 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser halogen headlights both low and high beams with LED headlights. There are a number of manufacturers and dealers claiming theirs are the best and brightest.

I would welcome advice on actual experience and which top brands that really do work well along with any special wiring recommendations so that something else doesn't stop working properly.

If you just change the lamps Mark, they're generally plug 'n' play.
Have a search for Clive's angel eye headlights thread. I hijacked it along the way with some LED lamps I swapped. Your lenses may be different of course.

Thanks StarCruiser, do you know if these are brighter than just replacing both low and high beams with LED bulbs using existing lens housing? What are the advantages of angel eyes over just LED bulbs?

Ahh, now, I've slightly confused things there. Clive's Angel Eye headlamp swap was to accommodate (correctly) HID gas discharge headlamps which are brighter than the LEDs. They were a complete swap including side lights and have focusing elements within them to suit the beam pattern of the HIDs which cause stray dazzling beams from the standard headlight units and are, over here at least, illegal.

My LEDs were a straight swap for the outer units only as my particular model has only these as dipped and main beam without the supplementary inner high beam units which are fog lights on mine. The LEDs are significantly brighter and clearer than standard bulbs but you have to watch the colour temperature isn't too high up into the blue end otherwise it gets a bit odd on the eyes. I do like the look of the replacement headlights Clive has and he has reported them as being superb.

hi and thank you you mean no one are sellings those or it s very rare to find..so what other land cruiser can i find ???

I wasn't very clear, sorry Chris.

One owner 1994 trucks are very rare. After 23 years, most have had 4 or 5 owners, at least.

The 80 series is the cream, but I'm biased :lol:

The more modern 100 and later (smaller) models are out there and they're all good.

Ahh, now, I've slightly confused things there. Clive's Angel Eye headlamp swap was to accommodate (correctly) HID gas discharge headlamps which are brighter than the LEDs. They were a complete swap including side lights and have focusing elements within them to suit the beam pattern of the HIDs which cause stray dazzling beams from the standard headlight units and are, over here at least, illegal.

My LEDs were a straight swap for the outer units only as my particular model has only these as dipped and main beam without the supplementary inner high beam units which are fog lights on mine. The LEDs are significantly brighter and clearer than standard bulbs but you have to watch the colour temperature isn't too high up into the blue end otherwise it gets a bit odd on the eyes. I do like the look of the replacement headlights Clive has and he has reported them as being superb.

I don't think there's much to add on the Angel Eye saga, Rich seems to have covered it well.

HIDs are great, but you must have projectors as with the Angel Eye units.

I don't know LEDs but from what I hear, and as Rich says, they're generally plug & play in the existing units.

If it's of any use, my thread is here.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back