Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1994 80 series just now adding some more off road and camping upgrades.

Mark Chapman

Country Flag
united_states
Hi All off roaders, new to forum, I bought my landcruiser new in 1994 and have done lots of camping, boating, kayaking, rafting, skiing, and biking with factory stock vehicle that came with front and rear lockers, front and rear brush guards and factory tow package. Just finally added a Kenwood apple car play deck and upgraded all speakers...sounds great! Now am considering adding a new roof rack, dual batteries, awning, roof top tent, snorkel, new front and rear bumpers, winch and possible new kitchen slide outs. Any recommendations?

Welcome Mark, cant be many one owner 80 left. Cant help you too much with the gizmos but there are plenty who can.

Thanks Andycruiserguylomas...yes, I am an old guy one owner 1994 8o but still like getting out there as long as I can...they say a cowboy is only happy dieing with his boots on or something like that.. So I guess burry me in my Landcruiser is ok with me! But I did burry 2 jeeps a 44 willy and and CJ5 86 before me...really, just sold first and gave 2nd to my younger son and both are still going strong!

hi there i m very new here ... i m planing to buy a land cruiser but i dont know witch one yet i m looking more some advice.. i have family 2 kids and a dog and sometimes for my job i need to pick with my car some old furniture...So i will need a car for evrything and evryone in the familly and a solid car with not to mutch of electronic inside>>> Any idea/////????regard chris

Hi to Mark and Chris, welcome aboard both!

Looks like Chris needs to find a "Mark" but who's selling a one owner 1994 80 series :lol:
hi and thank you you mean no one are sellings those or it s very rare to find..so what other land cruiser can i find ???

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Mark and welcome to this most friendly forum. As has been said you and your truck are a somewhat rare combination these days but it's great to see as you obviously love it. Can't say I blame you, the 80s do get under your skin. Be great to see some photos and hear of your plans and any of your trips so far.

Chris, Hi, its good to have you on the forum but it's better etiquette to do your own introduction thread as Mark has. That way you will get all the help and attention. Don't worry that you haven't yet got a cruiser, in fact, joining this forum could be the best move you've made. Look forward to seeing you on your intro thread where we can add to what's been said.

Best wishes
Richard

Hi Chris, There are a number of 80 series landcruisers for sale just keep checking all vehicle sale resources like Landcruiser Club and other 4x4 forums, google searches, and local truck and 4x4 dealers. If not really experienced mechanically, be sure to spend a little money with mechanic (approx$100-$200) to have vehicle thoroughly checked over so you know where, what and how much you will need to plan for to spend to fix before you buy! Trust me, this can save you some real wallet ache and buyer's remorse after the fact. The Landcruiser 80 series is a very sturdy and reliable vehicle to start but normally at around 12 mpg she is a little of a gas hog. Also, I think they undersized the brakes for this heavy of a vehicle since in my experience she needs new brakes about every 15,000 miles. But other than, that I love them since they can do pretty much whatever you want to do with the family, work, towing and off road with no breakdowns leaving you stranded (in my 23 year experience with them). I do take care of vehicle with regular maintenance and mechanic thorough check before taking off on long trips though. In addition, there are tons of off road options and deluxe extras like pull out kitchens and rooftop pop up tents for quick family camping outings. Good luck in your search and hope you find a cherry one!

Thanks for the nice welcome Richard...looks like you have been long time and well liked member! You mentioned posting vehicle and off road trip photos. How and where do you you do that? Is it just simply in the upload a file tab or something else? How do I see other member files uploaded with their vehicle build outs and interesting camping trip photos? Thanks Again.

That's it Mark, under "Upload a file" you get this (on a smartphone)…
IMG_1046.PNG

Which then allows you to add files, for example from 'photo library'. This then brings up your photo library (you can also just take photos directly if your device allows it) where you can select the photo(s) you want. Once you select 'Done' you are offered, below this reply pane, an upload status with the option to insert a thumbnail or full image. Best thing is to select Full image but select where in your text in this reply pane that you want to put the photo then click/tap Full Image. You then see your photos appear where you wanted them. Note there will be a blue cursor to the right of the last photo. To continue, hit 'return' and carry on with your text if you want to or whatever you want to do. When finished, hit 'post reply' and all will appear on the forum.

This may vary slightly depending on what device you are using.

Look forward to seeing your photos.

Not sure how to write descriptions of each photo with photos yet? But these are from my last year's trip to Yellowstone national Park...Magical Place to visit!

I dont think right hand drive mirrors will work on a left hand drive, they will fit, but iirc the passenger side mirror is angled differently, so when you come to fit the right hand drive passenger mirror to your left hand drive now drivers mirror the angle is wrong.. i can check this in the morning though.

im sure folding mirrors were only available for right hand drive JDM cruisers, although i havnt put any time into researching this.

Mark, progress :) If you want to add text in between, click or tap to the right of the photo that you wish to write the text below and hit return a couple of times. That creates a space you can then add text to.

Great photos and it certainly does look a great place.

Pretty small waterfall you're sitting next to though. :)

Thank you StarCruiser. Small waterfall...you're right. I hope to travel this September and camp across US with excursions up into Canada and to see Niagara Falls...now that's a waterfall! Then on to see really good friends in Connecticut and back to Seattle.

Niagara, now that IS a waterfall. The whole area is great. It's a bit of a tourist trap with the usual 'attractions', though the Canadian side keep the glitzy bit away up Clifton Hill.

Apologies, but the US side isn't really worth the visit (sorry!). It's all marching bands and popcorn to try and make something of it and you have to pay to get in. The Canadian side on the other hand is totally open with car parking out the way and garden areas next to the falls. The Skylon is worth the visit to get a fabulous view over the falls. Plus many things along the Niagara river towards Niagara On The Lake which is a lovely old colonial type town. If you like small enclosed spaces with very small windows, climb to the top of Brock's monument. I won't be bothering again personally!

This is info from 2000 though so a lot may have changed.

Last edited:
Back