Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Headlamp "upgrade" to Angel Eye units

clivehorridge

Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Ok, after having driven around with HIDs fitted into the standard 1995 headlamp units in the truck, I decided to get my hands on a pair of those coveted (by some) Angel Eye units that can be found on the interweb.

I have two personal problems with using e-bay, one is that they (or rather their customers) generally don't deliver/ship to Romania (don't know why) and also they use PayPal which has decided to block all my Credit/Debit cards (without explanation) which makes life a tad difficult.

So, following a long string of PMs with young Shayne, I managed to get his agreement to order some headlamp units for me and post them on.

My thanks go to Shayne and this thread is dedicated to him and I'm hoping that other members take heart, in these recent times of failed group buys and other unfortunate occurrences with buying/selling that haven't gone quite as planned, between members.

It's not over yet, I'm waiting for Shayne to confirm that my payment cheque has cleared, but it's in the post Shayne (honest :lol:) so have continued patience please.

Shayne has been great throughout this process. He doesn't know me any more that other's might (I've only ever met Chas in person out of all the members of this forum) but he's trusted me and he's come up trumps with getting the goods and posting them on to me at his own expense. That, to me, is a trust that should not be taken lightly, thanks again to Shayne.

So I'm at the beginning of fitting some new goodies:

Step 1, the delivery:

Parcel.JPG

No chance to open it yet, I'm too busy in the office at the moment... :doh:

respect-040.GIF
Lets hear it for Shayne, well done.

Very interested to see the results of the installation Clive....please post lots of pics. If they work I will defo get a set to replace my crap lights.

Shayne you're a gentleman sir!... Lekker one!

Nice to see forum cooperation working like it should.. Top man! :clap:

Step 2, the Cheque:

Shayne's just confirmed receipt, within 10 minutes of me receiving the parcel!

What's the chances of that, we wonder :wtf::clap:

I'm now awaiting his confirmation that it didn't bounce :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Step 3, Opening the Box:

Of course, I couldn't wait any longer!

So, like a Russian doll (or are they Greek?) boxes within boxes...,

IMG_3859.JPG

and each one containing the unit, and some replacement trim pieces that looks like the lower filling panel between the headlamp and the thin front panel and a side light wrap-around bezel.

Shiny front view...

IMG_3861.JPG

The back view...

IMG_3862.JPG

This looks a familiar connection... hopefully plug and play...

IMG_3863.JPG

There's a bundle of white, black and red wires, so I guess these will hook into the side light circuit to power the LED "Angel-eye" feature. I'm guessing at this stage of course.

IMG_3864.JPG

Bugger damn, just getting good and now at 6:50, I'm called off to the last meeting for today :icon-rolleyes: (I hope!)

Glad i could help Clive as you say the forums had a bit of a bad run of late so lets hope thats behind us and we can all get back on track :thumbup:

must admit though i dread the time when i can look back on today and think "when i was a young fella" :lol:

Nice one Shane, :clap:now I have seen this great 80 for sale in the UK it's only about 8,000 GBP, I am a bit skint at the moment so............:violin:

BTW Clive I would LOVE to fit a set of those...........unsure if I could get the thumbs up from the Spanish inspection?

regards

Dave

I quite like those. Following with interest. Would you like me to upgarde the thread title too Clive?

Nice one Shane, :clap:now I have seen this great 80 for sale in the UK it's only about 8,000 GBP, I am a bit skint at the moment so............:violin: BTW Clive I would LOVE to fit a set of those...........unsure if I could get the thumbs up from the Spanish inspection? regards Dave

I'm taking a flyer on that one Dave, TBH. I'm also keeping the stock set, just for the bi-annual inspection. It's a bit of a drag every two years, but I normally find a tester that's not shy of finding a few bob in his back pocket... say no more.

The wheels alone would normally fail it then there's the bumper, the lift, the....

BTW, (and I'm whispering now, :shhh: Shayne's a walkover, just send him a pm talking about trust and stuff, he goes for it every time. Get the stuff, rubber cheque, you'll be quids in, guaranteed) :whistle:.. :lol:

Nice looking lamps, been looking at a hid kit for mine, even with slightly not legal bright bulbs they're just crap lol.

Nice one Shane, :clap:now I have seen this great 80 for sale in the UK it's only about 8,000 GBP, I am a bit skint at the moment so............:violin:

Would you like that in a selection box so you can choose your favourite colour :wtf:

I quite like those. Following with interest. Would you like me to upgarde the thread title too Clive?
Now I would appreciate that Chris, was looking earlier at any way I might be able to edit it, but it seems not.It will probably be a while before they're fitted depending on how things go at work.... we'll see!

Clive, did the units come with bulbs or do you fit the originals? and have you got a link to the supplier?

Are the bulbs LED? There are some good LED replacements around now. I fitted a set in the high/low beam OE units and I'm well pleased with them. Not quite as bright as HID's but much better than the 'upgraded' H4 halogen filament bulbs I had in and the same beam pattern. I have HID's in the inboard high beam units and they're excellent, very bright and good beam pattern with no beam scatter unlike a HID H4 replacement kit I tried in the low beam units which were shite, verging on dangerous so never fitted them.

Would you like that in a selection box so you can choose your favourite colour :wtf:

Of course not Shayne, I would not take the liberty, just throw in the transport to Spain. :whistle:

regards

Dave

Back