Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1kzte : how to remove injection pump

abh

Country Flag
tunisia
Hi all,
i have a land cruiser prado kzj95 and i want to remove the injection pump.
i had a look on thee reparation manual http://etoymag.free.fr/manuels2/1KZ-TE.pdf page 315.
it lists all of the steps to do so.
my mecano made them one by one except for the last step because he doesn't have the tool named SST.
Reading some posts about my issue, some persons said that the pump can be removed using a heavy hummer.
is this safe for the pump? and if so, where shall i knock?
thanks for supporting

Last edited:
thanks for the reply,
yeh, i have already seen this video on youtube, looks handy but not 100% conform to the reperation manual.
for my case, pump removed by removing the radiator (to have enough space) then giving it's big boltsome hard knocks as described in the video.

The SST tool is no special tool. There are multiple ways to remove. But first, have you undone the rear bracket that holds the pump in position and removed the two main nuts on the front side of the pump?

The method of "knocking" it out is fairly simple. Use a heavy club hammer and tap the pump pulley nut that's on the end. Do not tap the actual threaded part. If that doesn't work use some kind of puller tool to push the pump back. Thirdly you can make a steel brace and bolt it on the existing pulley bolts, and then winds a big bolt through the middle to push against the pump drive and eventually pull it out.

The SST tool is no special tool. There are multiple ways to remove. But first, have you undone the rear bracket that holds the pump in position and removed the two main nuts on the front side of the pump?

The method of "knocking" it out is fairly simple. Use a heavy club hammer and tap the pump pulley nut that's on the end. Do not tap the actual threaded part. If that doesn't work use some kind of puller tool to push the pump back. Thirdly you can make a steel brace and bolt it on the existing pulley bolts, and then winds a big bolt through the middle to push against the pump drive and eventually pull it out.

yeah, all pins & bolts unscrewed, pump well extracted by knocking on the big bolt head.

Back