Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

35's on KZJ90... What to do?

the amount of cutting is not so bad really not that noticeable if done tidy -the outside edge of the wing remains as is and looks original

on my red car it was noticeable cos I used a 9inch grinder and a sledge hammer -took me almost 10 mins per side:laughing-rolling:

Yours was the best looking 90 i've ever seen Pete maybe i should send mine up to you to tinker with :icon-biggrin:

BigShiney90_zpsaf658995.jpg

That looks so sweet :)

How is the gearing offroad with 35's?

I have an 1999 Automatic 3.0 TD :)

Do you have more pics of that beauty? :)

thanks Shayne -that 90 was the best -most enjoyed car I think ive ever had ,I miss it sometimes it was known as Humper but that's another story

That looks so sweet :)

How is the gearing offroad with 35's?

I have an 1999 Automatic 3.0 TD :)

Do you have more pics of that beauty? :)

the gearing was affected -it was drivable but not as nice as with the 33s on and yes I have tons of pics

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Humper eh - i guess it pulled more than just trailers then :lol: still baffles me how you got them to fit while retaining the original look of the truck . Did they not rub even when pushed right up into the arch when off road ? .
I have to wonder about gearing as well , on my truck , which is a manual gearbox , first gear was absolutely pointless with standard wheels and tyres . When i went up to 33's i started using first gear but it's still way to short so i still only use it from a standstill on uphill starts , was yours an auto ?

nope it was a manual -im sure you only get the swb in manual - 33s are the best option I think

Haha :D

Do you have pic's of that? :D Sounds interesting! ;D

And which offset? :D

Last edited:
ok some pics for you :thumbup: no order just out of my photobucket

30042011821.jpg
25072010042.jpg
012.jpg
0292.jpg
060.jpg
0602.jpg
089.jpg
24032012481.jpg
050520121217.jpg
040.jpg
v

You got me thinking Pete my wheels are 16x8 with a -32 offset which replaced 16x8 with zero offset both of which fit fine so a 16x10 zero offset wheel should be a straight fit no tweeking or trimming involved :think: have to wonder about handling in the wet though that's a big area of surface contact ?

You got me thinking Pete my wheels are 16x8 with a -32 offset which replaced 16x8 with zero offset both of which fit fine so a 16x10 zero offset wheel should be a straight fit no tweeking or trimming involved :think: have to wonder about handling in the wet though that's a big area of surface contact ?

I run 305's width on my cruiser Shayne and she's fine in the wet. I do have more road based tyres than most people on here though. The most noticeable difference I found with running wider wheels were a little more road noise inside and that on bumpy/rough roads she may dart around a little more... Other than that, it's always a plus having more rubber on the road, plus it looks so so much better as well :dance:

I run 305's width on my cruiser Shayne and she's fine in the wet. I do have more road based tyres than most people on here though. The most noticeable difference I found with running wider wheels were a little more road noise inside and that on bumpy/rough roads she may dart around a little more... Other than that, it's always a plus having more rubber on the road, plus it looks so so much better as well :dance:

What about a Pic of your truck Beau? :D

I also have the notion that the more offset the wheel, the more susceptible the truck is to being snatched sideways by deep puddles (talking about asphalt driving now of course).

My 80 can be a bit tricky when running kerbside with 2" deep puddles. Nothing to do with aqua planing, this is the sheer grunt of hitting a volume of standing water on just one side of the truck, even with 13mm tread BFG Muds.

Last edited:
With the tyres i've got if hit a fair sized puddle on the road at anything over 25mph most of the puddle lands on my windscreen . The offset doesn't really make any difference when hitting gutter puddles with just the curbside wheels , obviously i have to correct the steering but no more than i would expect to do in any other vehicle in the same circumstance . What i'm thinking about is the truck letting go while taking a roundabout or under heavy braking in the rain . The swb 90 is a nippy little blighter i doubt you need worry about such things Clive .

"...The swb 90 is a nippy little blighter i doubt you need worry about such things Clive".... meaning my old tub wouldn't get up enough speed to get into bother, I suppose?

Well you're right!

But, at 3 tonnes or so, even 120 KPH can be a bit of a handful when not quite on the straight and narrow :lol:

Back