Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series pop top !

Neil Stone

I'm intrigued to see if any of you guys have heard of or carried out a pop top roof conversion?

I had a look at this troopy on youtube and it just got me thinking.
http://showmeengland.co.uk/lifestyle/a-pop-up-solution/

There are plenty of options for T5 VW's and Vivaro and renault etc.
There are also some universal fits.

And then I found this:

http://www.campteq.com

But back to the original question, anyone know of or have any experience of pop top 80's?

There was a bloke from anglesea that advertised a white one on the bay. He used to break trucks but is a fish salesman. Started doing conventions or working with another chap. One was for sale for around 35k

HZJ80-Klappdach.jpg
HZJ80Heckleiterrear.jpg
poptop cruiser.jpg
twat.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I am seriously considering a Mazda Bongo conversion on mine, sourcing a complete roof assembly & fitting it. Dimensions are spot on too.

Allchin on this forum had his done a couple of years ago by Toms in Germany, he had a couple of problems with it / them I think & I don't know how they were resolved.
I have done a couple of trips with him before his 80 was done, and he did the stands to Siberia After the conversion & I believe he is now planning the Americas.
Ask him about the conversion.

Andy

Thanks Chris,
I emailed him yesterday, he suggested a 110LR would be a more economical solution. He's probably right. But I do like the idea of it.

Thanks Andy I'll check out Allchin.

Cheers

Neil

Ha ha, that's because he's got one. Did he try to sell it to you? I was looking at it this weekend. He still has a Troopy too and can't decide which one to keep. He's been all over the world in them. The LR he has is a converted military class room!

Chris

Neil,

Roy Creations in France do these:

Copie%20de%20Photo%20111.jpg

Not cheap though IIRC...

All the best,
Toby
1994 HDJ80

Back