Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 series, That I am INTERESTED in please comment

Re: 80 series

Located in Chesham.... isn't that where that other Land Cruiser sales place that kept changing its name were from?

Re: 80 series

Nope, these chaps had a 100 that i went to look at a while back but was an import and not right for me. They seemed a good bunch so fingers crossed as she looks ok.

Just up the road from me warren, if you want a second opinion i can meet you there.

Higher end of the market Warren but if the milage is genuine there isnt alot left with that milage on.

Looks like a nice clean truck. If you need any help whilst viewing if i can help with any ifo i will just give me a buzz.

Good look :thumbup:

I thought all 24 valves have the chrome roof bars? :?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
dis it a gx, looks more like a gs - thought gx had leather and raised armrest? or have i got my letters fuddled?

There is something about this one. Not sure. After market wheels, slightly odd colour scheme, decals and very expensive. I would want a microscope viewing of that one. But as we have said so many times, if it's straight and everything works - it's an 80, what more can you say? it's what people hide that worries me.

Hope it checks out well

Chris

The only thing that i thought Chris was the bottom half is normally darker grey than that. Someone may have just slighty change the colour for person preference though.A spare set of wheels come with it so i guess they are genuine.

As for the roof bars ben they only can on the last of the 80 vx Amazons.

VX<GS GX all have various optional extras i guess with interiors etc

Pretty sure I've seen that colour scheme before, they did do some more unusual ones like that.

Looks nice, Warren. As others have said, it's probably a GS rather than a GX. The GX is a bit of a "pov pack" model, so you'd want to check that it has all the goodies you might want - like A/C, elec windows all round, 3 diff-locks etc. If any of those items aren't working 100% then you're looking at knocking big chunks off that asking price. Don't buy any stories about A/C needing regassing - if it JUST needed regassing, they would have done it! A/C compressors are serious money and they do seem to pack up through lack of regular use in the UK.
The cloth seats probably aren't a big deal - throw decent seat covers on when you get to SA and it doesn't matter whether they're cloth or leather underneath.

I'm sure you've got your check-list - at that mileage, it may well be running it's original CVs etc, so check for excessive CV wear by driving it slowly in a tight circle with the CD locked (i.e. in low range) with the window open. If the CVs chatter, then knock another £500+ off the price as OEM replacements are £££.

If everything checks out ok, that truck will be a good buy!

That is deffo the GX 80. The colour scheme is the original colour. It is an Amazon being a 97. None of the GX's had roof bars or leather/wood but were like a "halfway house" between a GS and a VX. I have a friend locally who has an identical car with 120K miles on it.
If you get it, and I think you will, and dont like the wheels give me 1st chance on them if you decide to sell them.

Good luck

Andy

Back