Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 or 120????????????????????

greengrass

Country Flag
england
I've been offered a high mileage a 55plate swb 120 for sensible money. Fsh well looked after example.

Currently got a 90 swb d4d with just over 100k on the clock which I'm more than happy with. Again fsh well looked after etc.

Quite fancy the 120 but not sure if its worth the upgrade with the high miles.

Just wondering if the 120 is a substantually better vehicle or not really any difference to own/drive???

Depends what you want to use it for really.

When i got my swb 90 my little bro went out and got himself a mint 4 door 120 , and as far as i'm concerned he's welcome to it . My 90 is too posh a vehicle for me but the fact its 15 years old allows me to enjoy it . I love it when someone sneers at my "posh" truck and i can reply "sell that girls car you drive and you could buy 4 trucks like mine and still have change" :lol:

Towing my digger around some light off roading.
I have been thinking about fitting a pedders 2inch lift kit to my 90 to make it better off road but now this 120 has come up not sure what to do lol

£100 for a coil spacer lift versus how many thousands for a truck your scared to scratch - hmmm difficult one that .

Last edited:
If it was me i would stick with the 90, you already have the newer d4d engine(with lower mileage) so no gain there, the only gain you will get is a slightly more modern looking 4x4.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
No real gain in power or anything, if the 120 is a lwb then you'll have the extra space but other than that personally I think the 90 series looks very good (better than the 120 - not so bubbly) and yours has low miles, I think it's a clear decision

Sounds like I'd be no better off so I'll stick with what I've got. Thanks for everyones comments.

Hey Beau, I see your in Milton keynes too. Where abouts???????????

Sounds like I'd be no better off so I'll stick with what I've got. Thanks for everyones comments.

Hey Beau, I see your in Milton keynes too. Where abouts???????????

Crown hill, about 5 minutes from city, how about you?

Just outside bletchley in Stoke hammond, probably about 15mins from you at a guess.

Any mods on your truck or totally standard??

The 120 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 90, sorry to say.

Just so much better in my opinion, both internally and exterior wise.

Gra.

Just outside bletchley in Stoke hammond, probably about 15mins from you at a guess.

Any mods on your truck or totally standard??

DSC00515.jpg

Pretty much standard, have had it for 14 years, road going 99% of the time hence alloy wheels, and I like to keep it shiny! Not bad for a 18 year old, 170k miles 4x4 hay?

The 120 is leaps and bounds ahead of the 90, sorry to say.

Just so much better in my opinion, both internally and exterior wise.

Gra.

Some people say the new Mustang is better than a 1969 Mustang :laughing-rolling:

Nice looking truck Beau, I'll look out for you when I'm in M K.

Back