Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

90 series custom exhaust project

Beau

Country Flag
guyana
Hey guys,

Planning on making a stainless steel custom exhaust for my collorado, it'll be a side exit just in front of the right rear tyre. Will be using 3" stainless for the complete system... and re using the middle silencer

My plans are as follows...

Custom 3" Dump Pipe - This will involve using the original exhaust flanges and then welding on a tight 3" mandrel bend to continue the curve.

I will then use a exhaust tube expander and slot the joints in to each other and braze the welds. I was worried at first with heat but it's a known process and good one of joining exhaust pipes.

I'm not too sure if I have to use a flexi section as I've heard this reduces the strain on down pipe, but the original doesn't have one? Thoughts?

After this flexi section it will run into the middle silencer and then a curved exit just in front of the rear wheels.

I haven't ordered materials as I'm looking around for best prices, but my first test will be making the dump pipe and seeing how well that will work.

Oh, and for those of you with a custom down pipe and exhaust system, what thickness stainless wall did you use? I'm thinking 1.5mm for the downpipe and 1.2mm for the rest of the exhaust?

Cheers, Beau

Back