Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

A few questions about my new Cruiser!

paul c

Where is the best place to get the suspension fluid from?

Where can you get the lubrication fluid for the LPG system from?

The car has not got an owners handbook. Will I have to get one from Mr T?

How often should you service the LPG system?

Have always run BFG AT's on my 80. If I go down this route with the 100 will it affect the ride?

Sorry about all the questions and thanks for all your help.

ps Got a great insurance deal with Chris Knott insurance. They were very helpful and even rang me back when I had been waiting for a while and rung off when family arrived for a visit. Real result.

They were very helpful and even rang me back when I had been waiting for a while and rung off when family arrived for a visit. Real result.
Well, they never rang me back when they had promised to!

Milners roughtrax or toyota for toyota genuine fluid.
LPG flashlube systems available on eBay for around £150 for a decent kit
Owners handbooks also on eBay
Service lpg every 15k,there's not much to them should cost around £80
I've got 305/70/16 ats's on mine and its s bit softer into corners but nothing major

Have always run BFG AT's on my 80. If I go down this route with the 100 will it affect the ride?
Yes, it will vastly affect the ride.
It will be much better.

Gra.

Suspension fluid from Mr T
handbook from the bay
running 295/45/20 continentals on mine, excellent on road ride, touch pricey at £300 ech

Sorry they never rang you back Cossack when they promised. They rang me back without promising!! Oh well. Win some lose some.

Thanks Zeusv8 for the wealth of imformation. I've already got the system but will need the lube. Must get LPG serviced then. My V8 is a 53 plate and has 18" alloys.

Thanks Graham. Glad to know AT's will improve the ride.

Cheers C110NX. By the way sorry to read about your cars issues! Any more progress.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry! Made a mistake. Getting over being ill. My car is the same as warrens so must have 16" alloys. Parked next to my old 80 the 100 appears to be a lot bigger.

Have checked today and they are 18" Alloys. Any recommendations?

I suppose it really depends on what your usage is going to be - horses for courses. The usual suspects i.e. BFG ATs, GG AT2 etc. probably don't need much introduction, though stocks of the latter are low I believe.

However if you are staying on tarmac 99.9% of the time and are concerned about consumption, then I personally would suggest looking at a slightly more road biased tyre such as the newer General Grabber AT/ Toyo Open Country AT/ Hankook DynaPro and such like.

YMMV. :)

P.S. However if you're planning to go pay and play or green laning every other weekend, you may be better off investing in a spare set of wheels and mounting some suitable tyres for those occasions. Best of both worlds IMO.

Last edited:
Toyo Open Country HT's are road biased but can handle wet grass ok :shifty:

Thanks Chadr. I do not intend to go pay and play or greenlaning every other weekend. My only experiance with all terrain tyres are BFG's on my 80. These were punture free and would last 5 years and do 70,000 miles. Good value at about £136 each. Will look at your suggestion. Thanks.

Gav Peter I will not be going down the ps route. I did this a few times with the 80, and my son did with a surf, it was great fun but you always have your hand in your pocket. I have got an sj I can trailer and offroad but where does all the time go? So many things and so little time!!

Cheers Jon will look at toyo's.

Yes, it will vastly affect the ride.
It will be much better.

Gra.

Better? Not so sure as the tyres are much stiffer which would lead to a more bumpy ride. For the best ride stick to road tyres.

Sorry they never rang you back Cossack when they promised. They rang me back without promising!! Oh well. Win some lose some.

Thanks Zeusv8 for the wealth of imformation. I've already got the system but will need the lube. Must get LPG serviced then. My V8 is a 53 plate and has 18" alloys.

Thanks Graham. Glad to know AT's will improve the ride.

Cheers C110NX. By the way sorry to read about your cars issues! Any more progress.

Paul

What LPG system are you running and what flashlube system (make & model) is fitted to the LPG system? And BE very precise how you answer these questions because it WILL cost YOU a truck load of money if you answer wrong.

Dark Dude

It has a BRC Sequent Plug and Drive system fitted at 2 1/2 years ago when the car had done 47,000 miles. Will have to check what flash lube system is fitted. The car has now done 109,000 miles and the previous owner was having the same system fitted to an 05 V8 with lower miles. He has always run LPG for the last 20 years and had no problems. Very helpful bloke.

Dark Dude

It has a BRC Sequent Plug and Drive system fitted at 2 1/2 years ago when the car had done 47,000 miles. Will have to check what flash lube system is fitted. The car has now done 109,000 miles and the previous owner was having the same system fitted to an 05 V8 with lower miles. He has always run LPG for the last 20 years and had no problems. Very helpful bloke.

I'm not sure but I think there is a BRC service centre very near Blackhorse Road, Walthamstow, North London. I haven't used them myself as the last time I called them not one person in the entire building could string four words of English together which isn't a good sign.

I talk from 2nd hand experience. Flashlube systems are not all the same and if I were you, for the short term anyway, I'd let caution be the better part of valour and be very careful what make of fluid you introduce into your system.

John

For anything LPG related try the guys at Tinley Tech. Really helpful and knowledgeable and also are a reseller of BRC from memory.

Hello Dark Dude

Yes I found that BRC service centre today on line. Thanks for the warning.

OG Will talk to Tinley Tech. Cheers

Hello Dark Dude

Yes I found that BRC service centre today on line. Thanks for the warning.

OG Will talk to Tinley Tech. Cheers

i have a prins system and i don't need flashlube on my 05 100 series?

another vote for tinley tech by the way , top company.

Back