Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Air superiority

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I don't have a compressor (yet) in my garage but have always wanted a wheel gun. I have looked at electric ones and they're all very nice but never used one. People say that they are exceedingly good. Well, no need to ponder any more. I got an impact gun from MM and coupled it up to my compressor on the truck.

Man alive! I have it on the lowest setting now (nice model, has 4 torque settings) and it whizzes the nuts off like you wouldn't believe. It'll whip three off before the compressor kicks in.

OK I won't need it much, but for changing between road wheels and these crazy caterpillar tracks I have on at the moment, it'll sure make it easier. Might have to look at other handy air tools. Both compressor are feeding into the tank on separate lines and using 7mm id pipe with lovely push fit connectors (man that's so simple)

As you can see the bumper is back from the powder coaters and looks OK. Got my Silver Phoenix emblem on there now Chas. Thanks!

IMG00049-20110609-1427.jpg

Chris

I can't wait to get my air system up and running, your Silver Cruiser badge looks good there :thumbup: what's the black golf ball, or is it the cover for your air outlet?

New-2-2.jpg

Now I've got a nice 'new' shiny bonnet I might just mount my Phoenix badge on the winch bumper to.

Very impressive Chris.... so now you can do the quick tyre change! Hmm you may want to think about some of those air car lifter rams that the ralley teams use, then you would be styling :twisted:

That, Chas is not a golf ball, it's my PFIIRS.

Pedestrian Friendly Injury Impact Reduction System. Or in other words, yes it's a golf ball tow hitch cover. It covers the air outlet and stops it filling with [strike:2k7g3ggg]children[/strike:2k7g3ggg] mud.

Tony, been thinking about an air jack. I'd rather be able to lift vertically rather than doing the trolley jack shuffle all the time. I'm having a new drive laid and I don't want to shag it up (again)

Chris

It's this one incidentally

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... s-wrenches

very useful tools them rattle-guns

I have a cordless electric one, beefy thing. find it some much easier to take wheels on and off now.
swapping the winter tyres with summer on the subaru is no longer a chore
and when working on both cars, taking wheels off is a breeze

Yes, I can see it being used to remove other stubborn fastenings too.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
That, Chas is not a golf ball, it's my PFIIRS.

Pedestrian Friendly Injury Impact Reduction System. Or in other words, yes it's a golf ball tow hitch cover. It covers the air outlet and stops it filling with [strike:35y1uu20]children[/strike:35y1uu20] mud.
And here's me thinking it was a forward mounted 50mm tow ball, for some thing.

Oh well,

G.

Chris said:
TI'm having a new drive laid and I don't want to shag it [strike:1d90umdr]up[/strike:1d90umdr](again)

Chris
You Yorkshire men, all the same, even chairs with legs are not safe.

Hmmm... I see an impact wrench shootout coming up this weekend. I'll be entering my Milwaukee V28...

and I could bring out my trusty snap-on.......now ALL/. I need to do is get the engine out, rebuilt and back in.....and do I really need an on-board compressor to join in? :mrgreen:

And boy did it work well. Used it at the camp site to whip the wheels off, then the spacers and put the wheels back on. No sigh of any competition :whistle:

Damn it's fast.

Chris

Back