Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Am I allowed in here?

Lets think now, who has had a green petrol 80 for sale in recent times??

Andy

The only thing I am prepared to confirm is that I didn't buy it off Karl :whistle:

hope you enjoy your petrol 80 as much as I enjoy mine. .... :dance:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nope, I didn't pick it up near Ledbury........

It was delivered :)

I hope so Grant!
1 - Copy.JPG2 - Copy.JPG16.JPG

It'll be having the front bumper off and back to standard as I am an on-road heathen I am afraid.
Very possibly doing the same at the rear and just carrying the spare in the boot (gas tank underneath).

Needs some bits and pieces - so I will post a thread about those!!

Hey ho.

Hmmm, could be interested in that bumper when you get to change it Jonnie ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Shame you bought that pile Jonny, Chas was trying to flog a decent one recently......:whistle:

:lol: :thumbup:

Nice 80. Welcome to never passing a garage for fuel :lol:

Johhny, you'll love the Petrol 80. Welcome to the FZ club! Glad Chas's truck found a home in the club.

Last edited:
Well, first trip done and out of the way. To petrol and LPG station........:icon-rolleyes:
First impressions? Very very different to a 95.
The petrol variant is very quiet indeed.
I am going to be a busy lad with this methinks.
Right now urgent things are to sort steering wheel as its poor and getting on my nerves(!!), theres a vibration at 60+ that isn't bad enough to shake your fillings out but is there, I'll double check wheel balance tomorrow as a first step but am not hopeful it's that. Rear demister doesn't seem to work so that needs investigation, and there are some loose bits of trim etc that I can sort. Seat heaters appear inoperative too, and (I think) the electric aerial only wants to retract not extend but I have only pressed some aerial-like buttons on the dash at this stage!!!
Oh, and she needs the arches painting, but that can wait.

Anyone who has any thoughts about potential vibration causes please do mention them - I think it is more coming through the car than the steering if you know what I mean, thanks

Could be in one of the drive shafts or universal joints.

Or a flat spot/bump in a tyre? It has been sitting for a while I believe?

I remember someone having a similar problem which seemed impossible to solve until he weighed his tyres and found one to be considerably heavier than the other so maybe you should rotate the wheels before you start delving into more costly regions Jonny .

Going to car wash/tyre place later this morning will report back ;)

Back