Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Am I allowed in here?

Regards the ICE I fitted a double din dab and upgraded the speakers and amp. Some info in my garage thread.

I've not had a jap motor with a decent heated screen yet! My 80 seems about on par and clears eventually.

The heated seats have a wiring connector under the seat, I'd guess if has them it will have some wires going into the seats. I'll see if can get a photo under my seats tonight so you can compare.

Just a note on the pedders 2 inch lift. Mine went up more then that but their quoted measurements are bang on.

If the power is OK to the terminals either side of the HRW, you probably have some or even all of the elements faulty. They go HR and eventually open circuit. I have several gone HR in mine. On some you can see the bad spot as it clears a small area round it but not the rest of the element. The area of the window where the elements are working OK clears pretty quick. Bought some paint to sort it but just haven't got round to doing it yet.
Thought about just getting the rear glass replaced but was quoted over £800 so that idea got shelved. Where the f**k do they get their prices from?

Last edited:
heated seat plug can be seen here .. (the white plug at the bottom of the pic)

539256_140366832769171_1299863774_n.jpg

mine is a 1996 VX petrol ....

Carl even took his seat out to show you, above and beyond :) better then pic I got on the phone!

Cheers guys I will look into that a bit more.

Chas, interestingly I refilled the tank for the 2nd time yesterday, it only showed half full. 77 litres though so definitely full...lol.

Which grade of oil lads?

Last edited:
Cheers guys I will look into that a bit more.

Chas, interestingly I refilled the tank for the 2nd time yesterday, it only showed half full. 77 litres though so definitely full...lol.
Strange that, I would always get the four or was it just three? lights on when I filled up. It would do 215 miles to a tank full if sometimes was better, the best I got was 250, so you can tell when it's getting low even before the low warning alarm goes off.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
4 lights, last one is red.
I got 192 miles yesterday, first 40 or so were a blast around locally, rest was with a trailer on the back.
Couldn't bloody believe South Mimms didn't do LPG !!!!!

Regards the ICE I fitted a double din dab and upgraded the speakers and amp. Some info in my garage thread.

I've not had a jap motor with a decent heated screen yet! My 80 seems about on par and clears eventually.

The heated seats have a wiring connector under the seat, I'd guess if has them it will have some wires going into the seats. I'll see if can get a photo under my seats tonight so you can compare.

Just a note on the pedders 2 inch lift. Mine went up more then that but their quoted measurements are bang on.
Any chance of a link to the ICE setup please?
Really don't want to lift the truck - the furthest off road it will go is the entrance track to my yard :)

This is the headunit I fitted, jvc dab one, fitted in with no hassle, an adapter lead and used the mounting brackets from the stock units.
20130420_162140.jpg

Speakers.... 2 small ones in the dash and 2 in the rear doors, not much space for bigger units but you can get some good quality speakers the right size (can't remember the sizes tbh)
If you have the factory amp and sub in the boot, either fit a better quality sub and keep the factory amp or replace the lot!
I still needs to mount the tweeters up front but not got round to it yet!
Apart from the headunit I already had the stuff in the garage in a box.

The set up I have isn't the loudest (the wife's focus will go louder) but it produces good sound quality which is what I like.

Engine oil.... put 10w40 semi in mine. I'd asked the same myself a while back.

Thanks Gary that looks quite smart. What did you do DAB aerial-wise? I used a windscreen one in my 95 and it was fine.

Used the screen one and works fine.
I got the jvc from halfords as was on offer, got an extra plug in bit for Bluetooth phone too.
As much as my 80 is modded I like stuff to look like it belongs there.

Had a bit of a problem today, misfiring/down on power and hunting. Felt like an old-school classic HT issue I think. Damp weather of course. Was well p'd off !!! Same on LPG and petrol.
Will investigate tomorrow.
Sussed out that the "rogue" LED is definitely to do with the LPG system as it extinguishes when you switch over to petrol.

Hey Jonnyboy,
that wasn't you I saw limping along near MK was it??

Back