Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Amazing trip on HUBB

That is quite unbelievable, :o I've just got up to page six and I must take a break, if ever you hear me say I want to go to The Congo please call the men in the white coats.

EPIC - the offroading and transmissions problems were bad enough without having to deal with corruption etc

not a place I would choose to go!

Aye, I have been passed bits & bobs on this one from a SA site in the past - truly epic stuff!!!

I've never read a report so engrossing, I was up 'til 5am reading this, once started I couldn't stop, truly amazing. all respect to this couple. :clap:

I haven't managed to do much at work today... :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
took me until after 11am this morning... now got lots work to catch-up on...
but once i started reading, couldn't stop! :roll:

I too was hooked once I started reading. First class adventure, all respect to the couple.

And of course there are some lessons learned.
Equipment-wise, I think the lack of the axle lockers and winch contributed much to the depth of adventure. Also the truck was not lightly equipped (4t ?) regarding there were only two passengers.

Make my aologies to all your bosses (if you have one) for taking up your time with reading this trip report - luckily I found it at the weekend, so it only stopped me from painting the spare bedroom ;)

For anyone with an interest in the Congo, I recently read a cracking book by Tim Butcher; "Blood River", in which he recounts his tale of travelling the Congo River between the same destinations. An epic read and certainly a trip I wouldn't want to take on myself anytime soon.

Jim.

Back