Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

and I thought the ground on the farm was still frozen....

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Time to renew my firearms certificate, had the FLO round today for interview, but found out I need land authority form filling in by any one of the farmers who's land I shoot on. Didn't think I needed this for an "open" certificate, butI do, but only need the one farm to do this.

Haven't been out shooting for a couple months due to the snow, so thought I would go lamping some fluffy bunnies with the .22 rimfire, and get the paperwork done.
After a chinwag with the farmer and getting for paperwork done, I went out lamping on foot, got a bunny. and ground was still snow covered and frozen, so seemed ok for driving on
So I jumped in the landcruiser, and went for a drive round a few snow covered fields, shot a few more bunnies and enjoyed driving in some deep snow.
Then headed down a track through some sparse scots pines trees, started up a hill and lost traction.
mmmm ground not frozen here and boggy, mud, wet grass and snow....
Both difflocks on and still getting stuck, started to reverse to do a 180 turn, but there was a fence behind me, so then i was stuck with no traction forward up the hill and fence behind!

luckily plenty of trees up on the hill and in reach of winch rope, so your old winch did a grand job Chris and hauled me landcruiser up the hill onto firmer ground and away I went
glad I had a head torch with me too

I had chucked waffleboards and land anchor in the boot - just in case !

a fun early evening out. but got back to an irate wife :evil: "I thought you had just gone out to get that form signed!" :whistle:

Re: and I thought the ground on the farm was still frozen...

I always call home when in a bit of a pickle.

"Honey, the view is great out here. I'm going to be out a bit longer!"
SWMBO "Stuck again are you :-{ ¥£$% !!"

Back