Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ANyone fancy a fun offroad competition

pugwash

Country Flag
uk
Hey Guys,

Does anyone fancy a fun off road competition? There's an all makes and models winch challenge in Somerset in October which i'm entering. A couple of people from here did it a few yeras ago and had a great time (well i presumed they did- Ian R what did you think?)

Info here: http://www.j33p.org/_club/events2.cfm?event_id=193

Is he actually pulling the J33p up the hill there Jim???

Might be interested - will have to see :cool:

pugwash said:
A couple of people from here did it a few yeras ago and had a great time (well i presumed they did- Ian R what did you think?)

Yes, I did take part in two Scott Williams Memorial Challenge events. I really enjoyed the first one because the event had a big fun element. I was extremely disappointed in the second event because it had become an out and out challenge in my eyes and lost the fun side. We were so disappointed in the 2nd event and the way it was run that myself and the three other cars I attended with did not bother going to last years event.

Sorry but you did ask.

Ian

no that's good feedback- did you pass that on to the organisers?

the jeep events are less winch competition and more fun offroad competion. The scott williams has definitely been gettting more competitive though- BWORC seem to like the challenge.

I am not a member of BWORC, I was there by invitation. I did feedback my views to the person who invited me.

My only experience with the site is with the SW events. If the j33p event is kept more on the fun side then that would be good IMO.

Ian

Ian Rubie said:
We were so disappointed in the 2nd event and the way it was run that myself and the three other cars I attended with did not bother going to last years event.

Looking at the event reviews 30 teams entered the 2009 event and 17 entered the 2010 one. Guess we were not the only ones put off by the 2009 goings on.

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back