Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ASPW flogging another Troopie that 'he' built.

Well he seems to hate me as well, since I have pretty much got rid of most stuff he built into the truck, but hey ho if I care

A shame most of this is repeated bits of the review, rather lazy.

photo.jpg
4xoverland

3 months ago
MOST? You mean, five shots! We go all the way to New Zealand to shoot a series of videos, (its not a holiday) spent three weeks spending thousands of dollars to inform and entertain, and all you can think to contribute is a comment that this is 'lazy' because five shots are repeated to assist the story? Not everyone watches both videos. But you didn't think of that because you prefer whining.
Show less

photo.jpg
Andrew Thompson
3 months ago (edited)
Oh come on now andrew, it was a lot more than 5 shots, it was a good size chunk of time, and don’t go whining about how hard you work to entertain us, this is the job you have chosen and to most people it’s a dream job. Come and do my job for a day! And don’t whine about how many thousands it cost you, this is how you earn a living so that money spent is an investment in your business. You don’t do these videos for us as some kind of altruistic charity, you do them as a business. Mostly I enjoy your videos and books but it was frustrating that a very large chunk of this one was regurgitated from another I had just watched.
Show less

photo.jpg
4xoverland

3 months ago
@Andrew Thompson Its not a guess when I say that you are totally unqualified to tell anyone how to make films and tell stories. You've judged as 'lazy' something that was absolutely necessary because not everyone who watches this video, watched the other video. Large chunk? Probably less than 5% of the film. And I'm not sure how you think its okay to come to my place of work and tell me how to do my job. It would be like me coming to your place of work and telling you how to sweep up ;-)
Show less

photo.jpg
Andrew Thompson
2 months ago (edited)
@4xoverland Actually, it is a guess, as you know absolutely nothing about me! What makes me qualified to pass comment on the content of videos? Well, maybe because I am one of your followers, one of your viewers, part of your audience? You know, the people whose support allows you to live this very nice lifestyle and to drive, buy and modify all these vehicles that pass through your hands. The same as qualifies me to say that your response is extraordinarily arrogantly dismissive to your audience and followers, all of them. I am surprised by the petulance of your reply, the irrelevance of your statement about the need for some kind of professional qualification in order to have an opinion on the content of a video (not it's technical quality) and your offensive disdain for your audience. I can assure you that my work is very much open to public scrutiny, both from my patients, my professional registering body, my colleagues, peers and employers, as it would be open to scrutiny by you if you were unfortunate enough to be one of my patients. Thats the thing about being paid for work that's in the public arena, as your work is. You have to be willing to be accountable, scrutinised, and receptive to the opinions of others, as I am to my patients and you should be to your audience. If you aren't, then you shouldn't be operating in that arena and you aren't deserving of their support for your lifestyle.
Show less

photo.jpg
Andrew Thompson
2 months ago (edited)
As I said originally, I have enjoyed many of your books and videos, but this was one of your weaker efforts. The actual test of the Jimny even made we seriously think about whether I might get one as a 'micro overlander'. I have after all owned three SJs. I haven't watched any more of your videos though since your bizarre response to my post, it's really rather turned me off them, which is a shame.
Show less

A business, is self supporting and funding, and does not rely on habitual E-begging to survive.

It's a lifestyle choice, a fabulous lifestyle that he expects... no demands, others pay for, by donation, sponsorship or gift.

Oh and woe betide you challenge him on it, or proffer any form of critique... his conceited, opinionated persona, with gargantuan ego, and monumental sense of entitlement in tow, will not stand for it.

His grandiose sense of self importance and worth is very much misplaced.

Initially I used to think it's an act, to go with the show but having met him once - no, that's really him :)

His latest 'You Toob' Video is the review of the new 2020 Defender... That Hes never driven.. But at the begining of the video he tells us its ok to do a Comprehensive report/review on a vehicle hes never seen, never mind driven. Basing his info on borrowed film footage............. Top Man!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back