Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Baltic Circle 2016; Bit more than a day out.

Have a good one Chris
And email me some pics of the trailer in action ;-)

Cheers Chaps. Yes, well it's somewhere to go isn't it. You have to go somewhere so it might as well be there. And it's a loop so we'll never see the same tree twice. Unless it's in Holland of course. OK it's not Borneo or up the Amazon, but still an adventure to us. And as I have said before, a holiday as well.

The current wife tends to interfere quite a bit and when she tidies up she puts things in daft places. She likes to interlock stuff regardless of its relative importance. So the jack will be at the very bottom because it's not nice to look at. Well today she must've hit her head because she had an hour in the trailer and sorted some super solutions. She even went to IKEA to get some more bits to make it even more accessible. I'm chuffed. She even made more room to stick booze in.

I know. Mental.

Will do Stan. Not forgotten but in order to showcase it, it really needs to be tidy and not on my drive.

Absolutely Sir, I shall add you to the list immediately.
BTW it's a sealed bid auction ...

Well the course is laid in, Jaffa cakes packed. Biltong in the front armrest (Lazz :thumbup:) tanks topped up, everything triple checked....

Oh and expedition decals applied.

Screen Shot 2016-08-02 at 16.21.14.jpg

God reise! (according to Gluegle)

I want a vid from a trailer mounted Hero... :lol: please...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There will be trailer mounted action for sure Clive. Fear not.

Hope you have a brilliant trip. We did a similar trip last year as my son and his wife live in Helsinki, but we went up to the arctic circle and beyond. I would recomend that you load up with beer in Tallinn before you go to Finland as a can of average beer will cost over 3 quid. And if you want to drive into the forest and camp, that is perfectly ok, but will get eaten alive by the mossies.

Good advice but no can do seeing as we're going Roy d clockwise but don't worry the water tanks are full of Vidka

Sitting by the lake in Denmark now having s Gin N tonic

This trip is a bit devoid of any evidence Chris, c'mon, you know the rules mate :icon-rolleyes: :banana-gotpics:

There you go, phones are a pain when you can't see, that's why I like the iPad when mobile. Good start though Chris...

Well here in Sweden now on the shore of Lake Vattern
Crap weather today windy cold and spitting
Had break out the Foxwing as the girls were cold
Cooked fantastic meatballs and rice though so they're ok now
Truck still pulling like an Ox. Just doesn't know there's a trailer behind
Fuel economy pretty good and prices over here helping considerably
Not enough 4G to upload picture

Some nice driving in Sweden today through proper forests
Was going to wild camp but that's easier said than done so we're on another very nice camp site
Expecting mossies so we have gone with the full NBC set up tonight

image.jpg
Yesterday's post didn't post
See why I hate mobile data
Now today was special
Trundling along when suddenly I saw a sign
Nearly drove off the road
The signs took me here

image.jpeg
Yes it's the forge at Gransfors Bruk. Practically ran inside
They took my axe and offered me a new sheath and to put a new handle on but I declined as that's part of its history
However I did take them up on rev regrinding it for me
We went round the forge and watched new axes emerging
Damn pics are the wrong way round
Very happy

Excellent find, proper traditional workshop
Did you have to bribe the wife though to let you stop

Would have loved to have gone there mate.

Best axes money can buy.

Had mine for years and still stupidly sharp.

Bribe? Not a bit of it
All I could do to stop her buying stuff in the shop
Eating their cloudberry ham for brekkie at the second
Got more pics if the forging to put up but I think trip report best done on return with my glasses on
Fab morning but not set to last

Back