Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Baltic Circle 2016; Bit more than a day out.

Looks a great trip so far Chris. Nice one

What????
We're the only people here. We have the site to ourselves

Had first failure. Bloody propane regulator has bust

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Spare reg? Of course just not the same
I took several different ones not anticipating bloody failure
I'm a couple of miles from a chap who's trying to source one here in Lithuania
So for now it's the heat exchanger from the truck and the old Coleman stove

Me are you sure this is the right road?
Her do you doubt my navs?
Me well this is what it I'd call green laning and if you say there's 12 miles of it I'm a bit dubious
Her keep driving
Border Guard where please is it you are gone?
Me oh hello officer
Her shit! We're in Russia
Me not a word but good job I can reverse a trailer

Oh dear, those famous last words "trust me" :lol:

Bless her, she was only trying to make the journey more interesting Chris!

At least you can put a Russia sticker on trailer now, hhhaaaa

image.jpeg
Not sure we actually entered Russua
I think if I'd back the trailer the opposite way I might have been
We saw the official crossing but much of the border is a dirt track with posts and towers
We found a neat and new snick through into Poland by accident as it wasn't on the map or Gps but saved us miles. Over a stream and we were out of Lithuania
First corner nearly hit a van with UK plates
It was an odd day all round

Does your good lady suffer with getting her left and right mixed up Chris. Thereby running on girli left and girlie right? Mine has it bad some days, usually those with a y in them. Best thing I ever did buying a sat nav.

SWIMBO doesn't know right from left so I said to her, tell me in Romanian...

Turns out she doesn't know her dreapta from her stanga either :lol:

SWIMBO doesn't know right from left so I said to her, tell me in Romanian...

Turns out she doesn't know her dreapta from her stanga either :lol:
It's wierd. Lynn had a right day of it in Hungary. Good job I had sat nav. She gave up being 'helpful' with road signs after that. Gets bloody confusing when you've got sat nav saying one thing and a little voice from the passenger seat saying the opposite. :teasing-blah::text-blondmoment: Then realising.

It happened yesterday, where we're staying near the beach, the turning onto the main road is right only. Of course we wanted left, so we went right knowing there's a roundabout 1km ahead. When we got there Aura said go right here, save us queuing in traffic back where we'd come from.

So I turned right, Bugger.

It was a wide main road, and took us along a spit of sand with the sea on both sides. Doesn't bode well when there's no sign of a bridge.

Dozens of signs, No stopping, No turning. 5km later we turned around. It took us 45 minutes to get back to where we started.:crazy:

It happened yesterday, where we're staying near the beach, the turning onto the main road is right only. Of course we wanted left, so we went right knowing there's a roundabout 1km ahead. When we got there Aura said go right here, save us queuing in traffic back where we'd come from.

So I turned right, Bugger.

It was a wide main road, and took us along a spit of sand with the sea on both sides. Doesn't bode well when there's no sign of a bridge.

Dozens of signs, No stopping, No turning. 5km later we turned around. It took us 45 minutes to get back to where we started.:crazy:
Did she then say 'what are you doing going this way, I said right'? :)

Actually she conceded, and I have witnesses to her saying "don't listen to me"!

I'm having that printed and framed, before she forgets :lol:

Reactions: uHu
Back