Batteries

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
My Batteries are dying and need to be replaced shortly
As my future plans might involve putting a winch on the front, I am thinking of using this opportunity to up spec the batteries in preparation. What would you chaps with winches recommend? should I stick with standard Varta type and have a separate winching bat or should I put a nice pair of fancy ones in?
Thanks Chaps
J

Jon Wildsmith

Super Moderator
Supporter
Guru
I am in england
Feb 24, 2010
Stourbridge, West Midlands, England
Garage
I would just put good quality standard size / composition batteries in again Julian unless you're going to do some challenge events when you get your winch. The winch won't work for long anyway, it's electric :roll:

Julian

Sep 9, 2012
Alverstoke
Does any body know what the amp hour out put is of the alternator of the 99 diesel is?
I have looked through the service pdf's I have and can see how to service it, but can't find it's output

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

uHu

Supporter
I am in norway
Mar 7, 2010
Oslo, Norway
74 Ah sounds a bit small. Particularly if you think of winching. 2x 100 Ah is the standard and they normally have 800 to 900 CCA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks