Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Battery cable management methods?

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
I've got a bit of a spaghetti junction on the battery terminals at the moment, specifically the positives of both batteries are full - well, the clamp posts are, anyway, with the following:

Lead to alternator
Fly lead to 2nd starting battery
Winch positive
Winch wireless remote positive
Split charge positive
Voltage sensing regulator positive
Internal ring-main positive
Extra hooter
Spot lights
one or two other things

I was looking at bigger battery clamp posts, but then came across these:

pj1.jpg

and

pj2.jpg

which will allow me to set up a block of power studs per battery with only one connection to the batter terminal, making any maintenance a lot easier, as well as giving me a bit more space. They're from Vehicle Wiring Products:

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/battconns/battconn.php#jbox

I plan to get two (or three - one for multiple direct-to-battery earths). I'll be bridging the two starting battery earth terminals as well this next weekend so as not to rely on the chassis, etc. to provide a good earth between them (primarily for the winch)

Question - has anyone used these, and have any observations on use, usefulness, etc?

Cheers

That looks pretty interesting - may get that for the auxiliary battery in the back to run water pump, fridge, inverter, etc. - good find, cheers!

I have those on my 80 Gary. They're fine. On the rear winch, because it's outside, I drilled a piece of copper strip to form a top joint as well as the steel one in the bottom. Just to ensure good continuity. But inside they seem fine.

I've also used the 300A junction box connectors on my 120. They are ideal.

Last edited:
Yep, used a few of those. I'd leave the OEM and main winch wiring on the battery terminal and just shift your other extra wires onto one of those.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back