Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bee Keeping

That looks good Warren, but there's a lot to bee keeping, you will have to learn all that just the same. Just don't get stung.

Interesting though :thumbup:

thats pretty cool - I need something like that for the bees who live in my 2nd (unused) chimney!
525497_10151408584707052_1425607588_n.jpg

I liked the idea and considering they where looking for $70k and have got $4.5mil we cant be the only ones who think its a good idea. I appreciate there is lots to learn and to be honest I did think you just put the hive out and wait for the bees to find it and hey presto a few weeks later you have honey but you right there does seem to be a lot more too it.

I just thought it was very clever and made bee keeping slightly more accessible to the masses excluding the cost.

Love it! :clap:

I've got to get some of those for the garden of the off grid eco house I'm going to build! :thumbup:

I appreciate there is lots to learn and to be honest I did think you just put the hive out and wait for the bees to find it and hey presto a few weeks later you have honey but you right there does seem to be a lot more too it.

I just thought it was very clever and made bee keeping slightly more accessible to the masses excluding the cost.

I somehow don't think its quite that easy Warren, AFAIK you have to introduce the Queen to the hive, or the bees first which attracts a Queen.

TBH I know more about 80s than I do bees, which says nothing and all, both at the same time :icon-rolleyes:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
my dad has kept bees all my life, and it is hard work, very labour intensive and they require a lot of looking after, especially in these days of parasites and bugs

I watched an interview with the son and dad and their invention on the news yesterday, was very interesting. They live near Byron Bay. :icon-biggrin:

Back