Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

best way to bleed your fuel system

I think its a foregone conclusion you still have vegi oil in there , the tank sock filter may be blocked ?

but what i was actually referring to was the egr which clogs up the throttle body with carbon crap unless deleted . If you haven't already been in there its worth having a look inside to be sure the butterfly is not jamming .

Many of us have deleted the egr and removed the butterfly .

I think its a foregone conclusion you still have vegi oil in there , the tank sock filter may be blocked ?

but what i was actually referring to was the egr which clogs up the throttle body with carbon crap unless deleted . If you haven't already been in there its worth having a look inside to be sure the butterfly is not jamming .

No i no what u mean and no not gone there yet but beau was refering the the primer pump housing as can u run a fuel pipe straight from the feed pipe into the injection pump or does it have to go threw the fuel filter as got electic sensors attatched e,t,c.
Has this been tried before and what was the outcome.

You can bypass the filter but make sure the fuel is clean. If you get crap into the injector pump things can go from bad to worse...

You can bypass the filter but make sure the fuel is clean. If you get crap into the injector pump things can go from bad to worse...

wot other way can you test the primer pump with out just replacing it at a cost of £70 +.

what is the purpose of the egr valve if it can just be removed at no change to the engine.:text-feedback:

It keeps tree hugging faggots happy is all , killing cars is profitable that's why the EU is determined to save the planet :icon-rolleyes:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It keeps tree hugging faggots happy is all , killing cars is profitable that's why the EU is determined to save the planet :icon-rolleyes:

take it were the egr valve is located and how u express yourself its an emmisions part that does bugger all but clog ur engine hence people saying covered in black sutt.
With the correct tools how long does it normaly take to remove and is it a diy job or machanics job.:text-imnewhere::flags-wavegreatbri:

Here you go Tony its only the search first result i found so there may be others . I only blocked the egr where it comes off the manifold at the rear of the engine which should be a half hour job but i couldn't get a socket on them (no room) in retrospect i think i might have had more joy using one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12MM-METR...489885?hash=item3f7649d55d:g:Et4AAOSwtfhYsAAB

But deleting the egr won't cure anything if the throttle body is already clogged up with crap so remove the big alloy pipe going over your engine from turbo to throttle/intake and have a look what's what , its just a basic spanner job you don't need gaskets or anything it goes back on the same way it came off .

Here you go Tony its only the search first result i found so there may be others . I only blocked the egr where it comes off the manifold at the rear of the engine which should be a half hour job but i couldn't get a socket on them (no room) in retrospect i think i might have had more joy using one of these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12MM-METR...489885?hash=item3f7649d55d:g:Et4AAOSwtfhYsAAB

But deleting the egr won't cure anything if the throttle body is already clogged up with crap so remove the big alloy pipe going over your engine from turbo to throttle/intake and have a look what's what , its just a basic spanner job you don't need gaskets or anything it goes back on the same way it came off .
thanks very much shane and watched a clip on youtube about useing mr muscle oven cleaner and just jetwash off came up brand new.

Things are merging and it could get confusing so can i just say that pump primer in Beau's link claims to be genuine Toyota and if it is then its a very good price , I'm not a Milner's customer and they do seem to get mixed reviews on here but perhaps that's because they are the first port of call for many on the forum .

If you do the egr don't whatever you do don't round the nut at the back of the engine , i did and ended up having to remove the exhaust manifold :angry-screaming:

I would clean your throttle , run it as is for a week then run egr cleaner through the system a couple of times before blanking . However many on here refuse to even look at egr cleaner as it has been associated with killing an 80 series engine !

I use it and it works for me but you don't want any large chunks of carbon crap being dumped into the chambers hence cleaning what you can first . And don't let the revs rise while spraying cleaner into the air filter pipe , takes about 20 minutes to empty a little can .

Things are merging and it could get confusing so can i just say that pump primer in Beau's link claims to be genuine Toyota and if it is then its a very good price , I'm not a Milner's customer and they do seem to get mixed reviews on here but perhaps that's because they are the first port of call for many on the forum .

If you do the egr don't whatever you do don't round the nut at the back of the engine , i did and ended up having to remove the exhaust manifold :angry-screaming:

I would clean your throttle , run it as is for a week then run egr cleaner through the system a couple of times before blanking . However many on here refuse to even look at egr cleaner as it has been associated with killing an 80 series engine !

I use it and it works for me but you don't want any large chunks of carbon crap being dumped into the chambers hence cleaning what you can first . And don't let the revs rise while spraying cleaner into the air filter pipe , takes about 20 minutes to empty a little can .

thanks shayne i asked if it was new as seems to cheap.

do u no wot the correct blank plate is as have found so many but since i have not seen mine yet dont no wot im looking for.

sorry shayne i no im a pain but if u go to school with no teachers you wont learn a thing.:text-thankyoublue::confusion-helpsos:

By the way school without teachers is ace i taught loads of girls all sorts in empty classrooms :lol:

I found it then forgot to post the link :doh:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ECU-SHOP-...789892?hash=item3ad614ca44:g:mUMAAOSwMVdYIYYO

I made my own and if you only intend to blank instead of remove you only need one plate which would be the diamond shaped one in the link . Search for 1kz-te egr plate and you should find one a lot cheaper than that .

I'm still learning mate and i knew nothing when i joined this forum :thumbup:

Well shayne i no even less than you but this site has opened my eyes as i never new cars had parts that needed cleaning like that.

Last edited:
Back