Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

BJ 40 (1981).......... First test drive..... Almost complete.....

BEEJAY

Country Flag
canada
The diesel is running strong... Everything looks to be in order.... A few final touches to do...like head lights, badging, windshield and wipers...... But for the most part it's complete.... Will be putting a bestop soft top on it..... Can't wait for next summer.... :D

Attachments

• bj 40...1.JPG
    bj 40...1.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 339
  • bj 40 ...3.JPG
    bj 40 ...3.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 340
  • bj 40 ....2.JPG
    bj 40 ....2.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 342
Cool Beejay, lovely looking truck, congrats :thumbup:

How long was the project? Any build photos? :pray:

Hi. Beejay and welcome that is a good looking cruiser love the 40 wot is the red one thanks for the pics from Tony

the RED one is my father inlaws.... He is the one that built my blue 1981 BJ 40.... He also built that red one (1984 BJ 40).... This is actually his third frame up restoration of a BJ 40.... He's getting pretty good and efficient at them now... I have posted pics of his Red one and his previous black BJ 40 on this site.... I have also posted pics of this current build on here..... I just love the look of these 40 series cruisers.....

Hi I love the 40's I have fj45 pick up and fj40 with with HJ60 runing gear in them and love them from Tony.

Hi Beejay,

That looks very good. You F-in-l is getting pretty good at these 40 rebuilds!

Where abouts are you in Canada? My eldest lives in Alberta and I saw loads of 40s when I was over there - most in need of a total rebuild or plenty of tlc.

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm about 5 000 KM's away..... the east coast of Canada....in New brunswick.... Not too many BJ/FJ's around here.... He stores his BJ in winter and I'll be doing the same thing... It's the only way to preserve them and keep them away from the salty roads and harsh winters.....

It is difficult to comprehend just how big Canada is until you've been there and it all gets harsh winters. A friend of my son was brought up in NB but now resides in Alberta - they go off-roading together and this friend has a petrol 80 series - it is quite a beast and very capable. They are talking about making many of the trails quad-only in the Rockies - so they can tax them as they've already had the money from the 4x4s - so currently they are involved in trying to keep them open for all.
Guess the 40(s) are all tucked up away from the snow, cold and salt by now.

Regards

It is difficult to comprehend just how big Canada is until you've been there and it all gets harsh winters.

Totally agree, love Canada and especially its people. I have family out there and spent our honeymoon there. Two days by Rocky Mountaineer to Calgary from Vancouver then a 2.5 hr flight to Toronto!! My wife was shocked!

Fabulous land, can't wait to be back. [emoji4]

Back