Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Blimmin Handbrake

bit of a long shot but you haven't got small shoes on a truck that takes the larger ones have you?

That's a smart thought there JW.

92 Cruiser, stands a chance but would the calliper not be in the wrong place and foul on the disc?
just a thought.

Andy

Ahh, with it being a 92 you might struggle to get 93> shoes in there. It would be a bit obvious. Yes you could get bigger discs on, but unless you actually put the caliper back on to drive it, you wouldn't come across that problem Andy. Take a shoe off and put it in the drum and see that it fits.

Mark, I just wish you were closer, I'd have a look at it for you and have you on your way.

Hi all, I haven't had any time today to have another play with the handbrake today,been trying to fix a tractor so I can start hay making. I have started to think the shoes could be wrong but they do look to fit on the hub correctly.
I am still baffled as to why I have so much movement on the brakeshoe actuator before the shoe moves, im sure this is the problem. I'm thinking if they were the wrong size they probably wouldn't fit the hub correctly, I don't know for sure. But I might order some genuine shoes and see what happens then.

Cheers, Mark

Just an update here. Finally got around to adjusting handbrake (have to wait till I've got several jobs to do before taking it apart).
My intention was to cut off the stops and replace with a bolt (because they're rusted in place), so the actuators could get to their lowest setting before adjusting everything else. But when I have a proper look at them it appears they're already in their lowest position. The return spring can't compress anymore anyway so decided to leave them. Adjusted it all but again there appears to be some movement in the actuators before the shoes engage.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back