Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bobs 24v now on ebay

Would you swap for a motorbike :?: NO :| :auto-sportbike:

Would you take £4000 and i'll come now :?:YES :lol: Roflmao at the bloke he sounded like he exploded with excitement :lol: NO NO NO I WON'T TAKE £4000

Would you px for a LANDROVER FREELANDER :obscene-birdiedoublered: :sad-fever: :violence-smack: : I'd rather take the £4000

Oh it gets better

Would you take a nissan patrol 3.0TD Y reg with 195k in px :?:

maybe :) what sort of deal are you thinking

Well my patrols worth about 6k so my truck and £1500

Sorry not a chance

6K i could buy 2 for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep them coming Bob,

I do like a good laugh.

Gra.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
geordie_boy1978 said:
wednesday night bump !!

Bumpety bump - still interested Bob, but waiting for you to respond to my previous questions. I'll PM you now...

Hey - I thought you were on hols?!

mnm,nm,n,mn

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe this is not sold!

Someone lend me the money please :lol:

Have to say I am very surprised too. It's not quite what I am after as I said, but a cracking truck nonetheless.

Wonder if 80's are in recession?

Chris

Euro is not as strong against sterling anymore
So alot less european buyers out there pushing the prices up

I was offered £8000 twice last year by foreign dealers
but at that time i didn't want to sell

I had said £7500 then £7200
If someone made a reasonable offer i probably wouldn't say no :shock:

crazy !

not one offer !!!!
other than the stupid ones

is mine the wrong colour or summit?

GB I don't get it honestly. I would offer - and they are only thoughts, that it's a nice straight truck and might have done better without a snorkel and maybe on std suspension. Why? I dunno, just that as it is so tidy then people may see those as off road mods or something. Now I see that as a positive - it's work I wouldn't need to do.

Other than that I really can't explain. Wrong time of the year maybe?

Chris

Oh a little update

It's now fully serviced and has a brand new Toyota radiator and new toyota red anti freeze

Maybe it's just fate !

Maybe im just meant to keep it :D :D :D :D

Hi GB,

I think what Chris has said is pretty much what the buying public perceive.
Unless your a Land Cruiser 80 fan, then seeing a snorkel, and a 50mm lift kit fitted, seems to give the impression it have been through the Amazon jungle or some thing.
So probably not quite what they are wanting, as good as it is.

Also, I think the want for the 80 series is definitely diminishing, partly due to the Euro against the UK pound, but also the price of fuel, these 80 series are not the most economical vehicle, and people can only really run them either as a second "toy" or if they are doing very short commutes every day.

You may end up keeping it longer than you want, or you may need to bite the bullet, and knock a sizable chunk off the asking price to shift it on.

OK, it's not a good position to be in, but at the end of the day, it depends on how much less profit your going to be happy with, as against your original assumption of how much you can make.

Gra.

Sorry but that really annoys me. :twisted:

This is a "for sale" thread and as such the seller is trying his best to "SELL" his vehicle for what he values it for. Its hard to put a price on something that has cost you thousands to make your own and then be put in the position of having to sell it.

No offence Graham but you did the same to my advert for my LC and it feally p****d me off. I looked at the current market and decided that I weasn't going to give my truck away but at the same time I didn't want to ask telephone numbers. I put a fair price on it considering what work had been done and the minor blemishes it had on it. To then be told by someone that doesn't even have an interest in buying it that I have priced it too high is, quite frankly, an insult. I had spent nigh on £3000 and many long hours making that truck "just right" so when I finally set my price at the price I bought it for 2 years previous it was already a heart breaking (and wallet breaking) decision.

Making constructive criticism or casual observation is one thing but to tell someone the truck is too expensive when they have never even seen it in the flesh, never driven it and haven't got an interest in buying it is downright rude!

On a personal note, I HAVE seen this truck in the flesh and if I had the money I would be more than happy to pay the asking price. Its a fantastic looking truck and it sounds and drives fantastic. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the colour but hey its a small compromise for such a nice example of an 80 series Landcruiser.

The OP has not mentioned Larry's rules...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Difficult one really as GB has essentially asked why we think it hasn't sold. The actual advert is on e-bay as per the thread title.

In truth I think saying that you may have to lower the price is not quite the same as saying it's too expensive. Something can be worth the asking price, but still not attract a buyer.

I am pretty sure it will go and make someone very happy. I just hope it does stay in the UK.

Chris

Ecoman said:
Sorry but that really annoys me. :twisted:

This is a "for sale" thread and as such the seller is trying his best to "SELL" his vehicle for what he values it for. Its hard to put a price on something that has cost you thousands to make your own and then be put in the position of having to sell it.

No offence Graham but you did the same to my advert for my LC and it feally p****d me off. I looked at the current market and decided that I weasn't going to give my truck away but at the same time I didn't want to ask telephone numbers. I put a fair price on it considering what work had been done and the minor blemishes it had on it. To then be told by someone that doesn't even have an interest in buying it that I have priced it too high is, quite frankly, an insult. I had spent nigh on £3000 and many long hours making that truck "just right" so when I finally set my price at the price I bought it for 2 years previous it was already a heart breaking (and wallet breaking) decision.

Making constructive criticism or casual observation is one thing but to tell someone the truck is too expensive when they have never even seen it in the flesh, never driven it and haven't got an interest in buying it is downright rude!

On a personal note, I HAVE seen this truck in the flesh and if I had the money I would be more than happy to pay the asking price. Its a fantastic looking truck and it sounds and drives fantastic. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the colour but hey its a small compromise for such a nice example of an 80 series Landcruiser.
Hi.

Sorry you felt that way.
However every one has opinions, like them or not.
But my feelings as to "Why it hasn't sold" was what I wrote about.
I didn't ever say it wasn't worth the asking price.
Perhaps you need to read just what I wrote ?

I am glad you managed to sell it though, and I will be glad to see GB sell his.
ANY vehicle is only worth as much as some one is prepared to pay.
Sure a lot of time, effort and money go into all the modified trucks, but some times the modifications don't always make them more desirable to the masses.

Gra.

Back